Look no past the rack of lamb cooked in an air fryer for a delicious and spectacular entrée to serve at your next dinner gathering. This recipe is simple to prepare and will wow your visitors. Plus, the air fryer every time cooks it to perfection. So, give this recipe a shot right now!
Although it might be intimidating to cook a rack of lamb, it is a relatively straightforward recipe to prepare. The idea is to cook the meat quickly to remain soft and juicy.
Rack of Lamb, What Is It?
A rack of lamb is a slash of lamb meat from the back of a lamb. It’s commonly roasted, but it can be prepared in several ways. Racks are commonly served as an Italian-styled dinner entree. The rack is a succulent, tender cut of meat that is sure to please.
Can I Trim The Rack Of Lamb To Make It Fit In The Air Fryer?
Yes, of course, you should. To make the rack of lamb fit, you may need to cut it. Like, I had to take away the end cut off the rack of lamb to put the entire roast in my air fryer.
So, whether you have to trim the rack of lamb or you can fit it entirely in your air fryer depends on your air fryer size. Do remember to keep the space around the lamb in your air fryer basket to let hot air circulate easily.
How To When Rack Of Lamb Is Done?
Using a good quality meat thermometer to cook the rack of lamb eliminates all guessing. To check for doneness, put a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the meat. If it’s rare, it should be 125°F, and if it’s medium-rare, it should be 135°F. Remember that the temperature will keep rising after removing it from the oven to cool.
After-Cooking Pro Tip:
Allowing lamb to rest after cooking lets the juices mend in the center, ensuring that everyone gets a juicy and tender piece of the rack of lamb.
More Dinner Recipes
Air Fryer Pesto Rack of Lamb
- ½ bunch fresh mint
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tbsp honey
- to taste salt and ground black pepper
- 1 (1½-lb.) rack of lamb
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- For pesto: in a blender, add the mint, garlic, oil, honey, salt, and black pepper and pulse until smooth.
- Coat the rack of lamb with pesto evenly.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the rack of lamb into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 5 minutes.
- While cooking, coat the rack of lamb with the remaining pesto after every 5 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the rack of lamb from Air Fryer and place onto a cutting board for about 5 minutes.
- Cut the rack into individual chops and serve.