Do you have a stash of frozen pierogies in the freezer waiting to be served as a side dish or an appetizer?
I suggest you air fry them, make air fryer pierogies, and see the magic.
The surface of the Air Fryer Pierogi becomes lovely and crispy, while the inside remains pleasant and tender. They’re also ready in 10 minutes or less.
Pierogies: What Are They?
Pierogi are little pillow-shaped or half-moon-shaped European dumplings that can be filled with sweet or savory fillings before being fried.
You can either make them at home or buy frozen pierogies easily from the frozen food area of your local supermarket.
I like frozen ones as they are easy to make in an air fryer and are loaded with things like potatoes, cheese, meat, cheddar, sauerkraut, and onion, to mention a few.
How Long Should I Cook Pierogies In an Air Fryer?
Lay each piece flat in the air fryer basket in an even layer. Coat both sides of each piece with cooking oil spray, olive oil brushing, or tossing. Cook at 400 degrees F for 10-12 minutes, or until they have a golden, crispy texture, after lightly coating them with olive oil.
How Do You Reheat Pierogies in an Air fryer?
Pierogies may be reheated in the air fryer with ease. In an air fryer basket, place the leftovers. Cook for 3-4 minutes at 350 degrees or until thoroughly heated.
Pierogies Another Way:
The pierogi should be boiled and drained before serving. 5-6 pierogies are enough to put in the pot at a time when boiling. Sauté finely chopped onions and finely chopped salt pork in butter in a frying pan. Fry the boiled pierogi in the saute mixture on both sides to crisp them up but don’t brown them.
More Snack Recipes
Air Fryer Pierogies
- nonstick cooking spray All air fryers are not created equal. Because wattages vary, note a cooking time trial the first time, you try this recipe. Start with 7-10 minutes and continue to cook for an additional 2-4 minutes until golden and crisp.
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen pierogis
- 2 tsp canola oil
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, add pierogies and oil and toss to coat well.
- After preheating, arrange the pierogies into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 10 minutes.
- While cooking, shake the basket once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the pierogies from Air Fryer and serve.