Ah, a recipe that transports you back to your childhood. Chicken tenders have a way of making you feel like a kid again. I am going to give them a fun twist today by preparing chicken tenders with pistachio crust.
The air fryer pistachio-crusted chicken is one of the unique, low-carb, and delicious meals I have ever had. Mainly, its scrumptious outer coating results in an added crunchy and salty flavor.
This unique air fryer pistachio-crusted chicken recipe is ideal for watching sports, meal prep (they keep well in the refrigerator), or an effortless, fast dinner. Also, for quick weekday lunches, I toss them on a salad sometimes.
What Can I Use as Side Dishes with This Recipe?
Here are some ideas for what can be served with crusted chicken tenders:
- French fries (potatoes, turnip, etc.)
- Broccoli salad, as well as roasted vegetables, can also go best with this recipe.
Storage & Reheating
Storage: You can easily use airtight containers to store chicken leftovers for up to 3 days and keep them refrigerated.
Reheating: You can reheat the pistachio-crusted chicken tenders in the air fryer or the oven at 350 degrees F for about five minutes.
Freezing: You can freeze the remaining chicken tenders for up to three months in an airtight container that must be freezer-safe. Before reheating, allow it to defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
Can I Say These Chickens Are Keto Friendly?
Absolutely! Pistachios are high in B-complex vitamins, fiber, and potassium, essential for a low-carb diet. The best part is that they are high in protein.
Can I Say Mayonnaise is Carb-Free?
Surprisingly, Yes. It contains nearly no carbohydrates and is heavy in fat, ideal for a low-carb meal. If you are trying to avoid sugar, look at the label of the mayonnaise brand you are using.
More Chicken Recipes
Air Fryer Pistachio Crusted Chicken
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ cup roasted pistachios chopped roughly
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 370 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Season each chicken breast with salt and black pepper evenly.
- Spread mayonnaise on tops and sides of each chicken breast.
- Place chopped pistachios on top and lightly press into the mayonnaise.
- After preheating, arrange the chicken breasts into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 15-18 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the chicken breasts from Air Fryer and serve.