This Air Fryer Plum Crisp is a refreshing treat for the summer! This meal has been lightened by using less sugar, but just enough to make it a dessert.
It thickens into a jam-like consistency as the plum boils, and the crisp adds a lovely crunchy finish.
If you desire, top this air fryer plum crisp with ice cream or cream to have a mouthwatering dessert.
Why You Will Love This Recipe:
- It’s a simple dessert to make
- It’s a fantastic way to use up in-season plums
- It only takes 10 minutes to prepare
- The Ingredients are not expensive
- Can be topped with a variety of ingredients
What Variations Can I Bring In This Recipe?
Vegan Butter: You can use vegetarian and dairy-free butter substitutes instead of regular butter.
Nuts: Chopped nuts can be added to this crisp mixture if desired. Almonds, walnuts, and pecans are all fantastic choices.
Different Fruits: Other fruits can be added to the crisp if desired. Any berries, rhubarb, and pears would be delicious with the plums.
How To Store the Air Fryer Plum Crisp?
Refrigerate any leftover plum crisp for up to 4 days, or you can also freeze the crisp for 3 months. Defrost it, then reheat in the microwave or oven until hot and serve.
You can serve the crumble cold, but it tastes much better after it’s been reheated.
How To Serve the Plum Crisp?
As a dessert or a sweet treat, serve your crisp as it is. Air Fryer Plum Crisp is delicious on its own, but it’s also great with ice cream, cream, whipped cream, or custard.
More Dessert Recipes
Air Fryer Plum Crisp
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup cold coconut oil chopped
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch salt
- 2½ cups plum pitted and sliced
- Grease 2 ramekins with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add the flour, sugar and coconut oil and mix until crumbly.
- Add baking powder, spices and salt and stir to combine.
- In the bottom of both prepared ramekins, place a little layer of flour mixture.
- Divide plum slices into the ramekins and top with flour mixture.
- With a piece of foil, cover each ramekin.
- Slide the Air Fryer Basket inside and adjust the temperature to 350 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the ramekins into the Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 22-24 minutes.
- After 20 minutes of cooking, remove the foil pieces from the ramekins.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the ramekins from Air Fryer and place onto a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.