Have you run out of options for feeding the family using your air fryer during mealtime? Worry not.
We reveal some delicious and quick recipes that can be made entirely with this marvel of kitchen equipment.
Rosti is a famous potato fritter with Swiss origins. Rather than being pan-fried, this variation is done in the air fryer, which means it will not require as much oil and still catch the ideal crispiness.
These crunchy potato cakes are quick and straightforward to cook in the air fryer and offer a crispier outside with a soft yet crunchy and spicy inside.
What Is The Difference Between Potato Rosti, Latkes, & Hashbrowns?
Typically, they are all created with shredded potatoes fried till crisp, so they are comparable in that way. Another thing common between them is that I love all three of them, especially when made in the air fryer.
Nevertheless, there are some minor distinctions:
- Rosti, a Swiss delicacy, is traditionally pan-fried (or air fried now) in a medium(ish) skillet before being chopped up and served as an appetizer, a snack, or a side dish for a meal;
- Hash browns are typically individual-sized and dished up for breakfast; and
- Latkes are similarly individual-sized. However, they are frequently bound with flour and eggs, and as a result of these additions, they may not be as crunchy (unless they are deep-fried).
What Type of Potatoes Should Be Used for Potato Rosti?
There is no hard and fast rule about which kind of potatoes to use for rosti, and there is no need to get hung up on it! Well, for the fluffier inside of the muffins, floury potatoes will work best, similar to mashed potatoes. On the other hand, waxy potatoes will better hold those fabulous strands while remaining soft and cooked through.
More Breakfast Recipes
Air Fryer Potato Rosti
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- ½ lb russet potatoes peeled and roughly grated
- 1 tbsp fresh chives finely chopped
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- Grease a pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Slide the Air Fryer Basket inside and adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 355 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the potatoes, chives, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the potato mixture into the prepared pizza pan evenly.
- After preheating, arrange the pizza pan into the Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 15 minutes or until the top becomes golden brown.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the pizza pan from Air Fryer and place the rosti onto a platter.
- Cut the potato rosti into wedges and serve immediately.