Waiting for lunch without appetizers is something that you never want to observe in your life. At the same time, you don’t want to have some potato cuisines in the name of appetizers as these carb-rich appetizers are not suitable to eat every time.
Therefore, it’s time for you to try this air fryer prawn cakes recipe to make delicious appetizers. These are low in carbs and a healthy option compared to traditional potato-based appetizers such as fries, chips, etc.
How to Treat Prawns for Making These Air Fryer Prawn Cakes?
First, you have to take your shrimps or prawns and then wash them with fresh water. After washing them, peel them off and devein them. You can use a special clipper to devein them or use your hands. After that, you have to chop it very finely.
Is it Necessary to Devein the Shrimps for Making This Recipe?
The dark line visible in a shrimp body is not a vein. It is an intestinal tract of the body and contains debris material. It also filters sand and grit, which remains in it. And I can bet that you will never want to eat these things. Therefore, it is suggested to devein the shrimps before making any cuisine out of them.
What are Some Suggestions from the Experts to Make this Cuisine with Perfection?
- First, you have to season the prawn meat very well. Therefore, mix all the ingredients with your hands and ensure every spice has its flavor ultimately spread.
- All the ingredients, including shrimps, must be finely chopped. Otherwise, it will become tough for you to shape the patties, and there will be a risk of breaking them.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer’s bucket and arrange the patties in a single layer.
- Don’t give more than 6 minutes of cooking. Check them before giving some extra time.
More Appetizer Recipe
- Air Fryer Prawn Burgers
- Air Fryer Bagel Bites
- Air Fryer Frozen Pretzels
Air Fryer Prawn CakesThese prawn cakes are bursting with vibrant flavors of spices, garlic and ginger.
- ½ cup prawns peeled, deveined and chopped very finely
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 2-3 tbsp onion chopped finely
- ½ tsp fresh ginger minced
- ½ tsp garlic minced
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a large-sized bowl, add all ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Make small-sized patties from mixture.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 355 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the patties into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 6 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the patties from Air Fryer and serve.
NutritionCalories: 167kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 16gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 278mgPotassium: 254mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 155IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 98mgIron: 2mgTried this recipe?Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below 🙂
Leave a Reply