Wrapping your hot dogs with some dough and then baking them to get an extra crispy outside layer and soft and juicy inside material will make a perfect appetizer before any meal.
With this air fryer pretzel dogs recipe, you can now make such appetizers within a few minutes without getting tired.
Why Should You Always Select an Air Fryer to Make this Recipe?
You can quickly cook the same appetizers in your oven as well. However, it will take a few extra minutes and not give the desired results without proper handling. On the other hand, an air fryer will give you the best possible textures for this cuisine. Outside will be crispy and chewy, and the inner sausage will remain juicy and flavorful. Due to no outflow of sauces from sausages in the air fryer, the outer layer will also get flavored.
How to Make Pretzel Dough for These Delicious Appetizers?
You have to take flour in a bowl, add quick-rising yeast warm water, and mix them well to make the dough. Then add sugar, salt, and butter, followed by a fast mixing. Then knead the mixture on a floured surface with your hands to make dough out of it.
How to Wrap the Dough Around Hot Dogs to Make Pretzel Dogs?
Take a ball of dough and make a ribbon-like long rope using your hands. Then take your hit dogs and start wrapping the dough ribbon over them. Completely cover the hot dog with dough ribbon, and if the extra dough is present at the end, cut it and use it for the next one.
Can You Make Frozen Pretzel Dogs in an Air Fryer?
Yes, it’s possible to make frozen pretzel dogs in the air fryer. You don’t need to thaw them at all. It means that you can store your uncooked pretzel dogs in the freezer to keep them safe.
More Appetizer Recipes
Air Fryer Pretzel Dogs
- ½ cup warm water
- ¾ tsp quick rise yeast
- 1 ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 8 hot dogs
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- In a bowl, add the water and yeast and mix well.
- Add the flour, sugar and salt and mix until well combined.
- With lightly flour hands, knead until the dough forms.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal-sized pieces.
- Place the dough piece onto a lightly floured surface and roll each into 14-20-inch long rope.
- Wrap 1 hot dog with 1 dough rope and then gently pinch the ends together.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 390 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the pretzel dogs into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 7 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the pretzel dogs from Air Fryer and place onto a plate.
- Drizzle with butter and serve.