The air fryer mommy dogs make a perfect contribution to your Halloween feast. You can make this appetizer on many other occasions too.
Air Fryer cooks the mommy dogs perfectly. The hot dogs get heated so well that they perfectly match crescent dough. The air fryer can cook them in only a few minutes.
Why Do My Mummy Dogs Come Out Partially Uncooked in an Air Fryer?
Your mummy dogs may come out partially uncooked if you do not heat them for enough time at the proper temperature. Moreover, mummy dogs will not be fully cooked if you do not shake the air fryer basket after some minutes. However, this problem can be solved by following these tips:
- Heat the mummy dogs for the required time. Make sure that you’ve set the right temperature.
- Arrange the mummy dogs in a single layer. Do not place them too close to each other. Otherwise, they will remain a little uncooked at the center.
- Shake the air fryer basket after some time. The shaking basket will move the mummy dogs. The mummy dogs will get heated perfectly. Hence, your mummy dogs will get thoroughly cooked.
How Much Temperature is Required to Air Fry Mummy Dogs?
The air fryer needs 360° F to cook the mummy dogs perfectly. However, preheating is also required at the same temperature.
If you keep the temperature below 360° F, the mummy dogs will come out partially uncooked. Similarly, the increasing temperature would turn crescent rolls too brownish, and the hot dogs taste slightly different. Hence, do not alter the temperature.
Can I Warm-Up Mummy Dogs in an Air Fryer?
You can warm up mummy dogs in an air fryer. Keep the temperature of the air fryer low. Heat them for 2-3 minutes. They will be fresh and warm again.
More Appetizer Recipes
Air Fryer Mummy Dogs
- 8 ounces refrigerated crescent dough
- 8 hot dogs
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Unroll the crescent dough and then cut into ⅜-inch wide strips.
- Wrap each hot dog with 2-3 dough strips in a crisscross pattern.
- Lightly spray the ends of each wrapped hot dog with cooking spray.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 360 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the wrapped hot dogs into the greased Air Fryer Basket, face-side up in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 7-9 minutes.
- After 6 minutes of cooking, shake the basket.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the hot dogs from Air Fryer and serve.