Bored with the usual fried snacks? Try these pumpkin fries made in the air fryer! Extra crispy and super delicious!
Pumpkin Fries in the Air Fryer are a simple and tasty way to eat roasted pumpkin. These fries are both salty and sweet simultaneously, and they need only a few ingredients to cook.
These pumpkin fries made in the air fryer offer an extra dose of tastiness, and get ready in just 20 minutes.
Which Pumpkin Is Best For Making Pumpkin Fries?
My preference is using small pumpkins with a sweet flavor and soft flesh, such as Jack Be Littles. Cooking and baking with pie pumpkins is also a terrific idea. Because they’re both tiny, they’re easy to peel and cut.
However, more giant pumpkins such as those used to carve jack-o-lanterns are edible but can be watery and stringy. Their enormous size makes peeling and cutting them a little more complicated. I don’t think they’ll work with this recipe.
What’s the Best Way to Make Crispy Pumpkin Fries?
To produce crispy pumpkin fries, immerse the raw fries in cold water for a few minutes and then dry the moisture by patting them before air-frying. You should also air-fry them in a single layer, spacing them out in the air fryer basket, so they don’t get crowded. As a result, the fries will need to be cooked in batches. Before air frying, sprinkle the fries with cornstarch for added crispiness.
What’s the Best Way to Store Leftover Pumpkin Fries?
The best way to enjoy these fries is to eat them right away. If you have any leftovers, you can keep them refrigerated for 3-4 days in an airtight container.
Pro Tips & Tricks:
- The temperature and air-frying might need to adjust a bit based on the brand and size of your air fryer.
- For consistent cooking, these fries must be about ½-inch thick.
- If you don’t want to waste time carving a pumpkin, look for pre-cut pumpkins. They will take only a few minutes longer if chopped into large pieces or cubes.
More Snack Recipes
Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks (from scratch)
Air Fryer Pumpkin Fries
- non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 lb pumpkin peeled and cut into ½-inch thick wedges
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 360 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the pumpkin wedges into the Air Fryer Basket and spray with the cooking spray.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 10 minutes.
- While cooking, shake the basket once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the pumpkin wedges from Air Fryer and transfer onto a platter.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and serve.
Leave a Reply