Croquettes are among the most popular appetizers used in almost every country region before any meal.
If you are vegan, you usually go with croquettes made of potatoes. However, if you are not following a vegan diet, then you must try this air fryer salmon croquettes recipe at least once in your life.
These delicious croquettes will undoubtedly be something that you can never put your hands off after tasting once.
What Type of Salmon Must be Used for Making these Croquettes Using Your Air Fryer?
Usually, it doesn’t matter what type of salmon you use to make croquettes. However, it might affect the cooking time of croquettes in the air fryer. Therefore, smoked salmon is usually used as it can easily be mashed. But the preferable method is to use canned red salmon. It must be drained first before using. You can easily mash it just using a fork.
Can You Make Frozen Salmon Croquettes Using Your Air Fryer?
Yes, you can do so. It is one of the easiest ways of making croquettes. It will save the time you need for preparations. However, you have to check the thickness of your croquettes before setting the time of the air fryer. Otherwise, you can burn them. The good news is you don’t need to thaw them before cooking. It might break them or might result in soggy croquettes. The frozen croquettes can be placed into the air-fryer directly from the freezer.
- It would help if you handled them with great care as they can easily be broken away. So take extra care, especially when getting them out of the air fryer’s basket.
- Arrange them in a single in the air fryer’s basket; otherwise, they might combine or break during the cooking process.
- Serve them with a perfectly paired dipping sauce such as ketchup, garlic sauce, Taco, etc.
More Appetizer Recipes
Air Fryer Salmon Croquettes
- ½ large can red salmon drained
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a bowl, add the salmon and with a fork, mash it completely.
- Add the eggs, parsley, salt, and black pepper and mix until well combined.
- Make 8 equal-sized croquettes from the mixture.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the oil, and breadcrumbs.
- Coat the croquettes with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 390 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the croquettes into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 7 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the croquettes from Air Fryer and serve.