If you are looking for a spicy veggie side dish, this air fryer stuffed okra is the solution. The air fryer stuffed okra has a robust flavor and a crispier texture.
These air fryer stuffed okra complements simple food and makes bland food tastier to eat. They can also be used as snacks when you want crispy spicy chips.
How Do I Choose the Right Okra for This Recipe?
Okra comes in a variety of sizes. There’s something for everyone from long and slim to short and thick. Seek fresh, young okra brilliant green color and free of black or brown stains. Okra should be short, medium, or thick. These are often the greatest.
Look for young okra because it tastes better and has fewer seeds. They are not woody, and their seeds are smaller than the long, thin okra. In the refrigerator, fresh okra lasts 3-4 days.
What Are the Other Variations You Can Use for This Recipe?
You can add other flavors to the essential stuffing mix (Bharwa Masala) for Bharwa Bhindi (stuffed okra) variations, such as:
Garlic Stuffed Okra – fresh garlic (minced or crushed) or garlic powder can be used.
Okra Stuffed with Peanuts – add a handful of crushed peanuts to the essential mix and use them as stuffing.
Stuffed Okra with Coconut — freshly grated or desiccated coconut can be added to the stuffing mix.
Roasted Chickpeas Flour – roast the chickpea flour about 2 tablespoons, combined with the essential stuffing mix.
Tips and Suggestions:
- Please make sure the okras are thoroughly dry before using them.
- If you don’t want your okra to be overly spicy, reduce the pepper powder used or leave it out entirely.
- Split the okras in half before stuffing them. As a result, they will cook earlier. Otherwise, the okras will take longer to prepare.
- Always inspect the okras for worms while stuffing them.
More Side Dish Recipes
- Air Fryer Rolls (Dinner Rolls)
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer Mushrooms
Air Fryer Stuffed OkraOkra pods are filled with a flavorsome combination of spices and chickpea flour…
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 8 ounces large okra
- ¼ cup chickpes flour
- ¼ onion chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut grated freshly
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- to taste salt
Tried this recipe?Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below 🙂
- With a knife, make a slit in each okra vertically without cutting in 2 halves.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, onion, grated coconut, and spices.
- Stuff each okra with the mixture.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 390 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the stuffed okra into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 12 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the okra from Air Fryer and serve.