Something about putting food in an air fryer for a few minutes and having a fully cooked meal with minimal prep melts my working mom’s heart.
The air fryer sub sandwiches are the meal that the whole family enjoys. Although my family doesn’t like sandwiches, they devour these air fryer sub sandwiches in one go.
Is It Possible to Air Fry A Sub Sandwich?
In an air fryer, everything is possible. It’s critical to keep the temperature low when cooking the meatballs so that the buns don’t get overly browned and the meatballs cook evenly from the inside out. Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, place the entire sub in the air fryer and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until well warmed. Enjoy!
For the complete recipe, scroll below.
Is It Possible to Reheat A Sandwich in An Air Fryer?
Air fryers are a fantastic kitchen accessory. In an air fryer, you can cook or reheat practically any recipe. As a result, it’s one of the most excellent solutions for reheating various sandwiches. It instantly reheats the sandwich without hardening the bread like a microwave.
Even you can always reheat a Subway sandwich in an air fryer if you want a quick and easy solution but don’t trust the microwave. The most excellent part about using an air fryer to reheat leftover Subway is that it’s super-fast while still maintaining the flavor and texture of your sandwich.
Can We Air Fry A Foil-Wrapped Sandwich?
You can place the foil-wrapped sandwiches in the air fryer. However, make sure not to wrap the sandwiches too tightly since this will cause them to become compressed. Bake the sandwiches for five minutes in the air fryer. If desired, remove the top half of each sandwich roll from the foil and top with a few chips and a tomato slice or two.
Air Fryer Sub Sandwiches
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 Kaiser rolls
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 12 ounces deli ham, thinly sliced
- 4 cooked bacon slices, crumbled
- 4 Gouda cheese slices
- Place 1 roll on a sheet of foil and then split the roll open.
- Spread the mayonnaise on one cut side of each roll and the mustard onto other cut side.
- Place the ham onto the bottom half of the roll, followed by bacon and cheese.
- Top the sandwich with the top half of the roll.
- Wrap the sandwich with the foil loosely.
- Repeat with remaining rolls, ham, bacon and cheese.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 350 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the sandwiches into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 5 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the nuggets from Air Fryer and serve.
More Dinner Recipes