Sweet potato chips may appear a healthy snack, but store-bought varieties can still be wide in fat and sodium. Sweet potato chips made in an air fryer are low-fat homemade chips that are wonderfully crunchy and delicious, with merely a third of the fat of store-bought chips.
So, this air-fried sweet potato chips version is much healthier and cooked in just minutes! For a handful of hot chips, it takes less than 30 minutes.
You will love this recipe as vegan, Paleo, Whole30-compliant, and a snack.
Why Do They Get Soggy in My Air Fryer?
Moisture is the primary culprit for making soggy sweet potato chips. Moisture can develop up on the outside of the chips (a short pat dry before adding the oil for frying will assist), or dampness also builds when the chips were not given enough room in the air fryer while cooking.
Why Are They Not Getting Crispy?
Your Air-Fried Sweet Potato Chips may be too thick or undercooked if they don’t turn out crispy. If you want your chips to be crispy, make sure they’re cut very thin and cooked thoroughly.
How to Store Them?
As they cool, they become crispier. After letting them cool down, but these chips in a sealed container to keep them fresh. They will last 4 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Essential Cooking Tips & Tricks:
- It takes a little practice to air fry these sweet potato chips, but you can do it if you keep watching them as they cook.
- About halfway through, check the chips and, with the help of tongs, separate them if any of them have stuck together.
- Recheck them after the cooking cycle; remove any lightly browned and crisped chips.
- If some chips are a little squishy at first, do not worry; they will get dried and crunchy after cooling down.
More Snack Recipes
Air Fryer Ling-Ling Potstickers
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips
- 1 medium sweet potato cut into ⅛-inch-thick slices
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a large-sized bowl of cold water, place the sweet potato slices for about 20 minutes.
- Drain the sweet potatoes slices and with paper towels, pat dry them.
- In a large-sized dry bowl, add the sweet potatoes slices, oil, salt and black pepper and gently toss to coat.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 350 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the sweet potato slices into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 15 minutes.
- While cooking, shake the basket once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the sweet potato chips from Air Fryer and serve.
Leave a Reply