It’s officially Summer, which means practically everyone will be grilling. These Air Fryer Sweet & Sour Chicken Kabobs should be on your list.
Air Fryer Sweet & Sour Chicken Kabobs’ recipe is one of our favorites because it’s a simple, quick, and low-carb dish. Simple, but oh so flavorful! The glaze, in particular, is delicious and finger-licking fantastic!!!
Sweet and Sour Chicken Kabobs are bursting with flavorful sauce and syrup, crisp scallions, and the faint sweetness of maple syrup, alongside the crunchy, juicy chicken tenders! Yummy!
Can I Use Frozen Chicken In This Recipe?
Yes! You may make this recipe with frozen chicken pieces like nuggets (or tenders as called in this recipe) if you’re short on time. However, frozen chicken thighs or breasts are tough to utilize since they must be cut into bite-sized pieces.
Is It Possible to Reheat These Kabobs In the Air Fryer?
Yes! One of my favorite things to do is reheat leftovers. It saves time, and utilizing an air fryer produces results that taste as if they were recently cooked.
For leftovers, I advise you to keep the chicken and the sauce separate, but if you must combine them, does it in an air fryer pan, such as this air fryer pizza pan, to avoid sticking and cleanup.
Cook the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes at 350 degrees (in a preheated air fryer) until well warmed.
Do I Need to Make Them In Batches?
I strongly advise cooking these in batches to avoid overcrowding your air fryer basket.
For me, two batches worked fine. While the second batch cooks, you can put the initial bunch on a platter and cover it with foil.
What Can I Serve With Air Fryer Sweet & Sour Chicken Kabobs?
Stir-frying chicken kabobs is one of my favorite ways to serve it. I prepare Jasmine rice and roast some vegetables, such as the Air-Fried Green Beans.
With protein, veggies, and starch, it offers the ideal balanced meal.
More Chicken Recipes
Air Fryer Sweet & Sour Chicken Kabobs
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 scallions chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger finely grated
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- pinch ground black pepper
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- In a large baking dish, blend together the scallion, ginger, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, oil, maple syrup and black pepper,
- Thread chicken tenders onto the pre-soaked wooden skewers.
- Add the skewers into the baking dish and coat with marinade evenly.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for about 2 hours or overnight.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 390 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the skewers into the Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 7 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the skewers from Air Fryer and serve.