ustardAre you looking for an appetizer? The air fryer sweet and spicy chicken drumsticks are an excellent starter for a small gathering.
This should be your go-to dish if you’re expecting a small group of people for lunch or supper and want to create something quick and easy in your air fryer.
Feel free to tweak the spice level to suit your audience. If you’re giving this to adults, you may want to make it hot, but if you’re entertaining kids, try to tone down the spiciness and make the marinade slightly sweet.
Is It Possible to Cook Raw Drumsticks in An Air Fryer?
Yes, why not. Keep the following things in mind: To keep drumsticks from sticking, lightly spray the basket with cooking spray or lightly brush it with olive oil. In the air fryer basket, arrange the drumsticks without overlapping or stacking them—Cook for 20 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit in an air fryer. Halfway through the cooking time, flip the chicken drumsticks.
Is It Possible to Air Fry Frozen Drumsticks?
Yes, definitely. You can place the drumsticks directly from the freezer in the air fryer basket and cook for 15 minutes at 360 degrees F. After 15 minutes, flip the drumsticks using tongs and continue to air fry for another 10-15 minutes.
Tips and Suggestions:
Enhance Flavor: You can also use peach, apricot, or raspberry preserves to increase the flavor. Brown sugar can be replaced with Soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
Variations: Yellow mustard can be replaced with Dijon or spicy mustard. For the same recipe, you can also replace drumsticks with chicken thighs.
Save Time: You can create the glaze when your chicken legs are in the air fryer getting ready.
Glaze at The Right Time: You must apply the glaze a few minutes before serving.
Glaze Consistency: As the glaze cools, it will thicken. Rewarm it slightly if it becomes too thick to brush on the chicken. If necessary, a splash of water can be added.
More Appetizer Recipes
Air Fryer Sweet & Spicy Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 (6-ounce) chicken drumsticks
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a bowl, mix together garlic, mustard, brown sugar, oil, and spices.
- Rub the chicken drumsticks with marinade and refrigerate to marinate for about 20-30 minutes.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 390 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the chicken drumsticks into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes of cooking, adjust the temperature to 300 °F for 10 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the chicken drumsticks from Air Fryer and serve.