Are you feeling tired after making some challenging recipes to serve at the family get-together and still have to make some dessert as well?
No need to worry about it as air fryer toaster strudels are here to rescue the day for you!
This delicious dessert will take no more than 22 minutes to get ready and served. And the best part is that you don’t have to wait for a long time to get them ready.
Once you do all the preparations, it will take only 7 minutes to cook them in an air fryer.
Can You Use Some Other Jams Instead of Strawberry Jam in the Toaster Strudel?
Strawberry jam gives the specific traditional taste and flavor to toaster strudels. However, some other flavors like Apple, cherry, raspberry, blueberry, etc., can also be tried by using specific jams. Other than jams, you can also use chocolate, cream, egg, and cheese in them to explore a new world of unique tastes.
What is the Reason Behind Using an Air Fryer to Make Toaster Strudels?
You can easily make them in an oven or toaster. However, doing so will not cook them properly from all sides, and you may end up having a burned or undercooked pastry. Therefore, an air fryer is the best option. It will cook them properly from every side using hot air and is not dangerous like the microwave is.
How Much Time will be Required to Make Toaster Strudels in an Air Fryer?
It usually takes 15 minutes to prepare everything for toaster strudels, including the icing, followed by the 7 minutes required to cool them in the air fryer. However, if you have frozen strudels in your kitchen, it will only take 7 to 10 minutes as you don’t have to prepare anything.
Air Fryer Toaster Strudel
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- ⅓ cup strawberry jam
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1-1½ tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For egg wash: in a small-sized bowl, whisk together the egg and water. Set aside.
- Arrange the puff pastry sheets over parchment paper.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 6 equal-sized rectangles.
- Place about 1tablespoon of strawberry jam in the center of 1 pastry rectangle, leaving½-inch of the border along all sides.
- With wet fingertips, moisten the edges of pastry sheet.
- Arrange another pastry rectangle on top and with your fingers, press down the edges to seal the jam.
- Repeat with remaining pastry rectangles and jam.
- Line the Air Fryer Basket with parchment paper and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 350 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the pastries into the prepared Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 7 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the pastries once after 5minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the pastries from Air Fryer and set aside to cool before icing.
- For icing: in a bowl, add powdered sugar, heavy cream and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Drizzle each cooled pastry with icing and serve.
More Dessert Recipes