If you are not in a mood to have that usual average chicken meal, try these air fryer tomato and basil-stuffed chicken. Even it sounds appetizing to have a juicy chicken stuffed with tomato and basil and, on top of it, coated with prosciutto slices.
This Caprese stuffed chicken has it all when it comes to a hearty, delicious, and appealing dinner. It has bright, robust flavors, yet; it is straightforward to prepare as it is cooked in an air fryer.
You can enjoy this moist, yet flavorful chicken as your delectable dinner is prepared within half an hour! Amazing!
Stuffed Chicken! What is it?
Common in all the stuffed chicken recipes is that the chicken has something within it. It is stuffed with whatever filling you like. Tomatoes and basil are the main ingredients in this Caprese chicken recipe. And for a fun variation, I added prosciutto slices on top of it.
Why Make Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken?
Chicken is a low-cost and adaptable protein, making it the most usual go-to dinner choice for many families. When bored with regular chicken meals, stuffed chicken with other delicious ingredients is the way to try new things. Chicken is an excellent medium for filling with some other ingredients. And these air fryer stuffed chicken with tomato and basil are among the new delicious dinner entrée!
What’s the Point to Air Fry Stuffed Chicken?
You can cook the chicken to perfection with a slightly crunchy outer layer that seals in the moisture using your air fryer. The end product is the most succulent chicken you’ve ever had.
The air fryer uses convection technology, which circulates air using a fan to drain moisture from the food’s exterior and crisp it up. You can get naturally crispy dishes without adding the calories of deep frying by using just a little oil or natural fat; thus, no extra calories or extra fat.
What Goes Well with Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken?
Air fryer stuffed chicken tastes well with almost everything, especially with delicious spaghetti and a homemade sauce. You could also eat it by itself with a salad.
More Dinner Recipes
Air Fryer Tomato & Basil-Stuffed Chicken
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tomatoes cut into 8 slices
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- to taste salt and ground black pepper
- 4 prosciutto slices
- non stick cooking spray
- Arrange each chicken breast between two plastic wrap sheets and with a meat mallet, pound into ½-inch thickness.
- Place 2 tomato slices, ¼ of the garlic and 2 basil leaves on one side of each chicken breast.
- Fold the other half and place seam side down.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and black pepper.
- Wrap each stuffed breast with 1 prosciutto slice and then, secure with toothpicks.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the chicken breasts into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 12 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the chicken breasts once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the chicken breasts from Air Fryer and serve.