Super crunchy tostada shells that packed with yummy topping. The perfect dish for holiday or a special dinner.
And it’s super simple as the air fryer tostada recipe is here to let your hair down. This recipe with a dual crisp will merely take half an hour to get ready altogether.
What Are the Basic Ingredients to Make a Perfect Air Fryer Tostada?
Corn tortillas are used to make tostadas. Other ingredients used to make Tostada are lettuce, cooked black beans, shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, and sliced olives. You can also use some sour cream or yogurt for topping as well.
Are Tostadas Vegan or Non-Vegan?
Usually, it is considered that Tostada is vegan. However, it is still possible if someone wants to enjoy a non-vegan Tostada. You have to change the filling ingredients from vegetables to meat like chicken pieces, pepperoni, etc.
How to Make Perfect Tostada Using an Air Fryer?
Usually, it takes 27 minutes to make tostada in the air fryer. However, most time is used in preparations as it takes 15 minutes to prepare. Only one Tostada can be made in the air fryer at once, and it takes 4 minutes to cook it. Following are the top tips to cook it perfectly
Air Fryer Mexican Recipes
Air Fryer Tostada
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 corn tortillas
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 tomato chopped
- ¼ cup black olives pitted and sliced
- 2 tbsp sour cream for serving
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 390 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange 1 tortilla into the greased Air Fryer Basket.
- Arrange a trivet over the tortilla.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 5-6 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the tortilla once after 2 minutes.
- After 4 minutes of cooking, remove the trivet and top the tortilla with half of black beans and cheese.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the tortilla from Air Fryer and place onto a plate.
- Repeat with remaining tortilla, black beans and cheese.
- Top each tortilla with lettuce, tomatoes and olives.
- Drizzle with sour cream and serve.
- To explore exciting flavors, you can coat Tostada before cooking with different coatings such as pineapple juice, lime juice, zest, etc.
- The tortilla might be vegan or non-vegan, depending upon your choice.