These air fryer tuna and mayonnaise cakes are flavorful and straightforward, making them ideal for a quick appetizer. There are no messy pans or grease involved; drop them in the air fryer and have appetizers in just 15 minutes! Another quick air fryer recipe!
This Air Fryer Tuna & Mayonnaise Cakes Recipe is among the oil-free remakes of a traditional pan-fried recipe.
These vibrant and flavorful air fryer tuna & mayonnaise cakes won’t let you down for a quick appetizer. They keep their shape well throughout cooking, with a tender inside and a crunchy coating on the outside! Delicious!
Why to Air Fry Tuna & Mayonnaise Cakes?
Using your air fryer to make tuna & mayonnaise cakes has never been simpler. I used to have problems with tuna cakes adhering to the bottom of the pan and breaking apart or overcooking on the outside.
Fortunately, I discovered that when cooked air-fried, they bake evenly, without sticking or overcooking!
Is It Possible to Freeze Tuna Cakes?
Yes! Individually cover them in sealed cling coating and freeze up for no more than 3 months once they’ve been formed into cakes. When ready to cook, defrost thoroughly, and then follow the recipe’s instructions for cooking.
Is It Possible to Store Uncooked Tuna Cakes?
Absolutely! Wrap them independently in a synthetic cover and then put them in a large Ziploc bag when they have hardened on a cookie sheet. They can be kept frozen for up to three months. Before using, you need to thaw them in the refrigerator overnight.
Can I Store Cooked Tuna Cakes?
I recommend you eat them fresh; as soon as they are air-fried. Still, if you want to store them for a day or two, you can freeze them in a sealed container. Also, you can freeze the cooked Tuna cakes in a freezer bag and place them in the freezer for as long as 3 months (but I will recommend not freezing them, eating them fresh).
More Seafood Recipes
Air Fryer Tuna & Mayonnaise Cakes
- 2 (6-ounce) cans water-packed tuna drained
- 1½ tbsp mayonnaise
- 1½ tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- pinch salt and ground black pepper
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a large bowl, mix together the tuna, mayonnaise, flour, lemon juice, dill, and spices.
- Make 4 equal-sized patties from the mixture.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the patties into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 15 minutes.
- After 10 minutes of cooking, flip the tuna cakes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the tuna cakes from Air Fryer and serve.