If you are a nugget lover but are on a vegetarian diet, don’t worry, these air fryer veggie nuggets will brighten your day!
Homemade Veggie Nuggets are delicious, and they’re excellent for feeding even the pickiest of vegetable eaters. These mixed veggie nuggets are low-fat, crunchy on the outside, and incredibly soft on the inside. See for yourself by trying this simple recipe.
The best thing about homemade veggie nuggets is that you can experiment with the ingredients. Depending on your preferences, you can include whatever vegetables you like.
Why Should You Try This Recipe?
- Colorful vegetables like as purple cabbage, carrots, broccoli, cabbage, and others can be used in this dish. Your veggie nuggets will be vibrant in color and, of course, healthful.
- Veggie nuggets are an ideal snack for them if your family is vegetarian or if you have a vegan visitor.
- This recipe is ideal for children who dislike eating vegetables. They’ll go crazy for air-fried vegetable nuggets, I promise.
- Meal preparation is quick and straightforward.
Can I Store the Vegetable Nuggets?
If you have any leftovers, you can store them easily. Allow cooling completely before storing in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag. You can keep them in the fridge for up to two days.
In an Air Fryer, How Do I Reheat Leftover Veggie Nuggets?
Put them in the basket of your air fryer and reheat for 3-5 minutes at 180C/355F until heated. Serve with a dipping sauce of your choice.
- When choosing vegetables for the nuggets, be cautious. Vegetables with high water content like lettuce, spinach, tomato, cabbage, etc., should be avoided because they will make your nuggets mushy.
- To ensure uniformly cooked vegetable nuggets, you should always preheat your air fryer. Do not skip this step.
- Halfway through cooking, flip the nuggets to ensure equal cooking.
More Snack Recipes
Air Fryer Empanadas (from scratch)
Air Fryer Veggie Nuggets
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups potatoes chopped finely
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 cups fresh kale tough ribs removed and chopped roughly
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- as required salt and black ground pepper
- In a large-sized saucepan of boiling water, add the potatoes and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large-sized skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat and sauté the garlic for about 1 minute.
- Add the kale and sauté for about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the kale mixture into a large-sized bowl.
- Drain the cooked potatoes and transfer into a bowl.
- Add the milk, salt, and pepper and mash with a potato masher, mash well.
- Transfer the mashed potatoes into the bowl of kale and mix well.
- Shape the potato mixture into 1-inch nuggets.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 390 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the nuggets into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 15 minutes.
- After 6 minutes of cooking, shake the Air Fryer Basket once.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the nuggets from Air Fryer and serve.
Leave a Reply