Get ready to indulge in a traditional French delicacy with a twist. Meet Cherry Clafoutis, a mouth-watering dessert that is sure to impress your taste buds. This classic French recipe is a cross between a custard and a pancake and is traditionally made with cherries, but you can use any fruit you like! The juicy and sweet cherries are nestled in a fluffy and creamy batter that is baked to perfection, creating a dish that is both delicate and decadent.
The combination of the soft, warm custard and the bursting, sweet cherries is a match made in heaven. The Clafoutis is dusted with powdered sugar, making it look like a dessert straight out of a French patisserie. It’s perfect for a special occasion or just a casual family dinner.
With its unique texture and delicious flavor, this Cherry Clafoutis recipe is a must-try for any dessert lover. So, preheat your oven, and let’s get started!
What is the difference between a Flan and Clafoutis?
Clafoutis is a traditional French dessert made with fresh fruit, typically cherries, and a batter that is poured over the top. The result is a custard-like filling with a crispy top. A Flan, on the other hand, is a dessert that is similar to a custard and is made with eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla. It is often caramelized on top and is typically served in a dish with sides.
Can I use other types of fruit for preparing Cherry Clafoutis?
While cherry is the traditional fruit used for a Clafoutis, you can experiment with other types of fruit such as apples, plums, peaches, or berries. Simply use the same amount of fruit called for in the recipe and adjust the sugar accordingly to taste. Keep in mind that different fruits will have varying levels of sweetness and juiciness, so you may need to adjust the amount of liquid called for in the recipe.
More Dessert Recipes
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 6 eggs
- ¾ cup half and half
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp unsalted btter
- 2 cups fresh cherries pitted
- for sprinkling powdered sugar
- Preheat the ovento 375 degrees °F.
- In a bowl, addeggs, half-and-half, sugar, flour, salt and vanilla extract and beat until wellcombined.
- Heat a 12-inchcast-iron skillet over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add butter in theskillet and le it melt completely.
- Remove the skilletfrom the heat and swirl to coat completely.
- In the butteredskillet, place the cherries and then arrange evenly.
- Place the eggmixture over the cherries evenly.
- Bake for about 30minutes.
- Remove the skilletfrom oven and place onto a wire rack to cool slightly before slicing.
- Sprinkle withpowdered sugar and serve.