Cherry streusel pie is a mouth-watering dessert that will transport your soul to a world of sweet and tangy flavors. Imagine a flaky, buttery crust that crumbles in your mouth and a filling made with plump, juicy cherries. Topped off with a buttery, crumbly streusel that adds a touch of sweetness and a crunch to every bite.
This recipe is perfect for cherry season, and it’s easy to make, taking just a few simple steps to prepare, yet it will impress any dinner party guests. This cherry streusel pie is the perfect combination of sweet and tart; it’s a dessert that will leave you wanting more.
Can I use frozen cherries instead of fresh cherries in this recipe?
Yes, you can use frozen cherries instead of fresh cherries in this recipe. Just be sure to thaw them completely before using them in the recipe. Frozen cherries will have more liquid than fresh cherries, so you may need to adjust the amount of cornstarch used in the recipe to thicken the filling.
Can I make the crust and streusel topping in advance?
Yes, you can make the crust and streusel topping in advance and store them in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to use. The crust can be made up to 2 days before use and kept in the refrigerator, or it can be frozen for up to 2 months. The streusel topping can also be made in advance and kept in the refrigerator for almost 3 days or frozen for up to 2 months.
Can I make this recipe with other types of fruit?
Definitely! This recipe can be adapted to use other types of fruit, such as blueberries, raspberries, or peaches. You can also mix different types of fruit together to make a mixed berry pie. Just be sure to adjust the sugar and cornstarch accordingly, depending on the sweetness of the fruit you’re using.
More Dessert Recipes
Cherry Streusel Pie
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- ½ cup Bisquick baking mix
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- ¼ tsp alomond extract
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling Use best-quality cherry pie filling.
- ½ cup Bisquick baking mix
- 2 tbsp cold butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 400 °F.
- Grease a 10x1½-inch pie dish with cooking spray.
- For the pie: in a bowl, add the Bisquick baking mix and sugarand mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for cherry pie filling andwith a hand beater, beat until smooth.
- Place the mixture into the prepared pie dish evenly.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the streusel: in a bowl, add the Bisquick bakingmix, brown sugar and cinnamon and mix well.
- With a pastry blender, cut in the butter until a crumblymixture forms.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until streusel is golden brown.
- Remove the pie dish from oven and place onto a wire rack tocool at least 2 hours before serving.