Have you ever had a craving for something comforting yet delicious at the same time? If so, then you should definitely try out this Chicken & Broccoli Casserole recipe I recently discovered! It strikes the perfect balance of being tasty and easy to prepare – plus it’s low in calories and packed with nutrition.
As an added bonus, it makes excellent leftovers so you can be sure that your family will enjoy a delectable meal all week long! So let’s get cooking; read on to find out every detail about this scrumptious casserole dish!
Can Chicken & Broccoli Casserole Be Made Without Cheese?
Yes, Chicken & Broccoli Casserole can be made without cheese, but it will have a different taste and texture. You can try using a dairy-free cheese substitute if you’re looking for a similar flavor.
Can I Make Chicken & Broccoli Casserole with Different Vegetables and Meat?
Yes, you can cook Chicken & Broccoli Casserole with different vegetables and meat. You can replace broccoli with cauliflower, carrots, green beans, and chicken with ham or turkey. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly and not to call it chicken and broccoli casserole.
Top Tips for Making Chicken & Broccoli Casserole:
Use Fresh Ingredients: Fresh broccoli and chicken breasts will make a big difference in the flavor and texture of your casserole. Avoid using frozen broccoli, as it can become mushy and watery when cooked.
Pre-Cook the Chicken: Pre-cooking the chicken breasts before adding them to the casserole will ensure that they are fully cooked and tender. You can bake, grill, or poach the chicken breasts ahead of time.
Add Seasoning: Chicken & Broccoli Casserole can be a bit bland if not seasoned properly. Be sure to add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and other seasonings to the chicken and broccoli before adding the sauce.
Use Low-Fat Ingredients: To make the casserole healthier, consider using low-fat cheese, reduced-fat cream of chicken soup, and light mayonnaise.
Let It Rest: Allow the casserole to rest for 5-10 minutes after baking before serving. This will allow the sauce to thicken and the flavors to meld together.
More Poultry Recipes
Chicken & Broccoli Casserole
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup cooked bacon crumbled
- 2½ cups cheddar cheese shredded and divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ pack ranch seasoning mix
- ⅔ cup chicken broth
- 1½ cups small brocoli florets
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts shredded
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F.
- Arrange a rack in the upper portion of the oven.
- For chicken mixture: in a large wok, melt the butter overlow heat.
- Add the bacon, ½ cup of Cheddar cheese, cream cheese,heavy whipping cream, ranch seasoning and broth and with a wire whisk, beatuntil well combined.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe dish, place the broccoli andmicrowave until desired tenderness is achieved.
- In the wok, add the chicken and broccoli and mix untilwell combined.
- Remove from the heat and transfer the mixture into acasserole dish.
- Top the chicken mixture with the remaining Cheddarcheese.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Now, set the oven to broiler.
- Broil the chicken mixture for about 2-3 minutes or untilcheese is bubbly.
- Serve hot.