Casseroles are a great way to make a meal that is both delicious and economical. If you’re looking for an easy, flavorful dish to get in the oven quickly, our ground chicken with green peas casserole recipe is about to become your new weeknight favorite! Packed with protein-rich ground chicken and nutritious green peas, this comforting flavor combination will have everyone at the table asking for seconds.
Plus, it’s simple enough to whip up any night of the week — all you need are just 10 ingredients plus some seasonings! So toss aside those takeout menus and let’s get cooking; here’s everything you need to know before getting started on this yummy dish.
Is Ground Chicken with Green Peas A Healthy Dish?
Ground chicken with green peas can be a healthy dish, as it is low in fat and high in protein. However, it depends on the cooking method and additional ingredients used.
How Can I Freeze and Reheat Ground Chicken with Green Peas?
Freezing: Allow it to cool completely, then store it in an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge before reheating.
Reheating: You can reheat ground chicken with green peas in a microwave or on the stove. To reheat on the stove, add a splash of water or broth to the pan and cook over medium heat until heated through.
Top Tips to Make the Best Ground Chicken with Green Peas
Serving Suggestions: Ground chicken with green peas can be served with rice, quinoa, or noodles. You can also serve it with a side of vegetables or a salad.
Recipe Variations: You can use other vegetables in place of green peas, such as broccoli, spinach, or carrots. Ground turkey can be used instead of ground chicken in this dish.
Adding More Flavors: You can add more seasonings and herbs, such as ginger, curry powder, or fresh cilantro. You can also add a splash of soy sauce or hot sauce for extra flavor.
More Poultry Recipes
Ground Chicken with Green Peas
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion chopped finely
- ¼ tbsp garlic chopped finely
- ¼ tbsp ginger chopped finely
- 1 tomato chopped finely
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- ½ lb ground chicken
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- ¾ cup water
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat and sauté the onion, garlic and ginger forabout 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and spices and cook for about 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the chicken and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the peas and water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 5-8 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Stir in the garam masala and remove from heat.
- Serve hot.