Are you looking for a delicious, warm and comforting meal to make on a cold night? Look no further than this easy-to-make Chicken & Pumpkin Curry. This Indian inspired dish is full of flavor and spice, sure to satisfy any craving.
Best of all it’s ready in just 50 minutes, making this an ideal choice when time is at a premium. Let’s take away the stress of what to have for dinner tonight and enjoy some tasty home cooking with this scrumptious curry!
How Do I Prepare the Pumpkin for This Recipe?
To prepare the pumpkin for this recipe, you need to peel it, remove the seeds, and cut it into cubes. You can then add the pumpkin cubes to the curry sauce and cook them until they are tender.
What Spices and Herbs Can I Use to Add More Flavor to The Curry Sauce?
You can use a variety of spices and herbs to make the curry sauce, such as curry powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, ginger, garlic, and chili powder. You can also add coconut milk, tomato sauce, or yogurt for extra flavor.
Top Tips for Making Chicken and Pumpkin Curry:
- Use fresh pumpkin, chicken, and herbs to get the best flavor and texture in your curry. Avoid using canned pumpkins, as they may not have the same texture or flavor.
- To add flavor and texture to the chicken, brown it in a pan with some oil before adding it to the curry sauce.
- To ensure that the pumpkin cooks evenly, cut it into uniform cubes. This will also help the pumpkin absorb the flavors of the curry sauce.
- If you prefer a milder curry, use less chili powder or omit it altogether. If you like it spicier, add more chili powder or use fresh chili peppers.
- Use coconut milk: Coconut milk adds richness and creaminess to the curry sauce. Use full-fat coconut milk for the best results.
More Poultry Recipes
Chicken & Pumpkin Curry
- 14 ounces chicken breasts cut into small cubes
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 1(1-inch) piece fresh ginger chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 ts red pepper flakes crushed
- 1(2-pound) sugar pumpkin peeled,seeded and cubed
- ½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- Coat the chicken with salt and black pepper completelyand set aside for about 5 minutes.
- In a large-sized cast-iron wok, heat oil over medium heatand cook the chicken pieces for about 4-5 minutes or until cooked.
- Transfer the cooked chicken pieces into a bowl and setaside.
- In the same wok, melt butter over medium heat and sautéonion for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add ginger, garlic, curry powder and red pepper flakesand sauté for about 1 minute.
- Stir in pumpkin, broth, coconut milk, and cooked chickenand bring to a boil.
- Immediately cover the wok and cook for about 15-20minutes or until desired thickness.
- Season with salt and black pepper and remove from heat.
- Serve hot.