If you’re a fan of finger foods and love snacking, then chicken popcorns might just be the perfect addition to your menu. These little bites of crispy, savory chicken are easy to prepare and can be enjoyed as a snack, an appetizer, or even a meal. Chicken popcorns are a popular fast-food item that has gained popularity around the world.
In this blog post, besides the recipe for chicken popcorn, we’ll dive into what chicken popcorns are, how to store leftover chicken pocorns, and the dipping sauces that go well with the crispy popcorns. So, whether you’re hosting a party or just looking for a quick and delicious snack, read on to learn all about chicken popcorns!
What Are Chicken Popcorns?
Chicken popcorns are small, bite-sized pieces of chicken that are coated in breadcrumbs or a batter and deep-fried until crispy and golden brown. The origin of chicken popcorns is unclear, but they are believed to have been popularized in the United States in the 1950s and 1960s.
Are Chicken Popcorns Healthy?
Chicken popcorns are not considered a healthy food option, as they are typically high in calories, fat, and sodium. They should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
How Should I Store Chicken Popcorns?
You should store chicken popcorns in an airtight container in the refrigera up tor forto 3-4 days. They can also be frozen for up to 2-3 months. You can reheat them in the oven, air fryer, or microwave until heated through and crispy.
What Are Some Variations of Chicken Popcorns?
A few variations of chicken popcorns include using different spices, adding cheese to the coating, or dipping them in various sauces such as barbecue or honey mustard.
What Are Some Popular Dipping Sauces for Chicken Popcorns?
Some popular dipping sauces for chicken popcorns are as follows:
- Ranch dressing
- Honey mustard
- Barbecue sauce
- Hot sauce
- ½ lb chicken thigh cut into bite-sized pieces
- 7 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tsp coconut flour
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- Place thechicken, coconut milk, turmeric, salt and black pepper in a large bowland mix well.
- Cover the bowland refrigerate to marinate overnight.
- Preheat youroven to 390 °F.
- Place thecoconut flour and desiccated coconut in a shallow dish and mix well.
- Coat thechicken pieces evenly with coconut mixture.
- Arrange thechicken piece onto a baking sheet and drizzle with oil.
- Bake for about20-25 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from oven and transfer the chicken popcorn onto a platter.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Serve warm.
More Poultry Recipes