Do you find yourself craving something special for dinner, but don’t want to make a huge fuss? Chicken Roulade is the answer!
This delectable dish is so tasty and easy to make that you’ll be eagerly returning to your kitchen time and time again.
With juicy chicken breast pounded flat and rolled with an amazing selection of fresh herbs, veggies, cheese – all wrapped up in buttery bacon – this meal will become a family favorite in no time at all. Keep reading for the full recipe and step-by-step instructions – let’s get started!
What Is Chicken Roulade?
Chicken roulade is a dish made by rolling a chicken breast around a filling and then cooking it. The filling can be made of various ingredients such as cheese, herbs, vegetables, or even other meats.
How Do I Prepare Chicken Roulade Before Cooking?
To make chicken roulade, you need to butterfly a chicken breast, which means to cut it in half lengthwise so that it opens like a book. Then, pound the chicken breast to make it thinner and more even. Add the filling, roll up the chicken tightly, and secure it with toothpicks or kitchen twine. Finally, bake or grill the roulade until cooked through.
How Can I Make Sure the Filling Doesn’t Fall Out of The Roulade?
To prevent the filling from falling out of the roulade, make sure to roll the chicken breast tightly and secure it with toothpicks or kitchen twine. Also, be careful not to overfill the chicken breast.
Can I Use Chicken Thighs Instead of Chicken Breasts?
Yes, you can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts to make a roulade. Thighs are more forgiving and can be easier to roll than breasts. However, keep in mind that cooking time may be longer.
What Are Some Variations of Chicken Roulade?
You can experiment with different fillings and seasonings to create unique and flavorful chicken roulade. Some variations include using pesto and mozzarella, bacon and cheddar, or even cranberry and walnut stuffing.
More Poultry Recipes
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts pounded into ⅛-inch thickness
- 4 tbsp olive oil divided
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 2 tbsp freah oregano minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp lemon zest grated
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Brush the chicken breasts with 2 tablespoons of oil and then season with salt andblack pepper.
- Arrange the chicken breasts onto a smooth surface.
- Top each chicken breast with feta, followed by oregano, garlic, and lemon zest, leavingedges.
- Roll each breast like a jelly roll to seal the filling securely.
- With kitchen twine, tie each roll at 1-inch intervals.
- Heat remaining oil and add chickens to cook for about 10 minutes or until browned onall sides.
- Remove the wok of chicken rolls from heat.
- Arrange the rolls into a baking dish in a single layer.
- Bake forapproximately 5-7 minutes.
- Serve hot.