Are you tired of the same old dishes week after week? Are you looking for something new and exciting to spice up your dinnertime routine? Look no further, because this hearty and delicious dish of chicken with butternut squash is sure to be a hit!
With just the right combination of sweet and savory flavors, it’s sure to tantalize your taste buds. Plus, it’s an easy-to-follow recipe that’s healthy too – so both your body and taste buds will thank you for giving it a try.
How Do I Prepare Butternut Squash for This Dish?
To prepare butternut squash for this dish, you need to peel it, remove the seeds, and cut it into cubes. You can then roast the cubes in the oven or sauté them in a pan with some oil until they are tender.
What Type of Chicken Should I Use for This Recipe?
You can use various cuts of chicken for this recipe, such as chicken breasts, thighs, or drumsticks. However, we are going to use boneless, skin-on chicken breast halves today.
What Spices and Herbs Can I Use to Season the Chicken and Squash?
You can use a variety of spices and herbs to season the chicken and squash, such as garlic, thyme, rosemary, paprika, cumin, or chili powder. You can also add salt and pepper to taste.
What Are Some Variations of This Dish?
You can add other ingredients to this dish to create different variations, such as adding onions, garlic, or bell peppers for extra flavor. You can also top the dish with cheese or breadcrumbs for a crunchy texture.
Can I Make This Recipe in A Slow Cooker?
Yes, you can make this dish in a slow cooker by adding the chicken, squash, and seasonings to the slow cooker and cooking on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours, until the chicken is fully cooked and the squash is tender.
More Poultry Recipes
Chicken with Butternut Squash
- 4 (5-ounce) boneless, skin-on chicken breast halves
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 tbsp paprika
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 cups butternut squash cut into ¼-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- Preheat your oven to 420ºF.
- In asmall-sized bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of olive oil, paprika, and black pepper.
- Rub each chicken breast with oil mixture generously.
- Set aside for about 15 minutes.
- Heat an ovenproofwok over medium-high heat.
- In the wok, place the chicken breasts, skin side down and sear for about 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken breasts onto a plate.
- In the same wok, add apple cider, butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, and mustard and mixwell.
- Place the wok over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
- Meanwhile,in a large mixing bowl, add butternut squash, thyme, and remaining olive oiland toss to coat.
- Remove from heat and place the chicken breasts into the wok, skin side up.
- Place the butternut squash cubes into the wok and spread around the chicken.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Leave a Reply