Treat your taste buds to an amazing dinner experience with these delicious stuffed Cornish hens! Perfect for a romantic dinner or for the whole family, this savory dish is sure to be a hit. Not only will it fill you up and leave you with a sense of satisfaction, but it will also ensure that there are no leftovers – so everyone can enjoy every bite.
Plus, since Cornish hens cook quickly and easily at home, they’re the perfect choice if you’re short on time yet don’t want to sacrifice flavor. Let’s get cooking!
How to Choose the Best Cornish Hen for This Recipe?
Choose Fresh Cornish Hens
When selecting Cornish Hens for stuffing, choose fresh birds that are plump and meaty. Look for hens that are free from bruises, tears, or discoloration.
What Are Some Serving Suggestions for Stuffed Cornish Hens?
Stuffed Cornish Hens can be served as a main course for a variety of occasions, from family dinners to holiday meals. They pair well with a range of side dishes, such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, and cranberry sauce. You can also garnish the hens with fresh herbs or citrus fruits for added flavor and presentation.
Top Tipsfor Making Delicious Stuffed Cornish Hens:
Thaw the Hens Completely: If you’re using frozen Cornish Hens, thoroughly thaw them before cooking. You can do this by placing the birds in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
Season the Hens Generously: To enhance the flavor of the hens, season them with a mixture of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and other herbs or spices. Be sure to season both the inside and outside of the hens.
Choose A Flavorful Stuffing: The stuffing is an important component of stuffed Cornish Hens. Choose a flavorful stuffing recipe that complements the taste of the hens. Some popular stuffing ingredients include bread crumbs, rice, sausage, vegetables, and dried fruits.
Secure the Stuffing: To prevent the stuffing from falling out during cooking, tie the legs of the hens together with kitchen twine or use toothpicks to secure the stuffing inside.
Baste the Hens: To keep the hens moist and tender, baste them with melted butter or chicken broth every 20-30 minutes during cooking.
More Poultry Recipes
Stuffed Cornish Hens
- 1 tbsp dried basil crushed
- 2 tbsp lemon pepper
- 1 tbsp poultry seasoning
- as required salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 medium celery stalks chopped
- 1 bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 6(1½-pound) Cornishgame hens
- Preheat youroven to 375ºF.
- Arrange 1 rackin each of 2 large-sized roasting pans.
- In a bowl, blendtogether basil, lemon pepper, salt, and poultry seasoning.
- Coat the henswith oil and rub with the seasoning mixture evenly.
- In a bowl, blendtogether vegetables.
- Stuff the cavities of hens with veggie mixture loosely.
- Arrange hensinto prepared roasting pans, keeping plenty of space between them.
- Roast for approximately 58-60 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Check the internal temperature of the meat to ensure it is above 165°F.
- Remove the hensfrom oven and transfer onto the serving plates.
- With a piece off oil, cover each hen for about 10 minutes before serving.