Who doesn’t love chocolate? The rich, velvety flavor and texture of cocoa make any dessert irresistible. But add some buttery, sweet bread, and you have a truly divine dessert. Enter chocolate bread pudding: an indulgent treat that can be enjoyed all year round. Chocolate bread pudding is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth! This luscious treat is easy to customize based on your favorite toppings—so don’t be afraid to get creative. Whether you’re looking for a decadent dessert or just something special for Sunday brunch, chocolate bread pudding will surely please everyone at the table. Let’s dive into some questions about this rich dish.
What Is Chocolate Bread Pudding?
Chocolate bread pudding is a classic dessert made with butter, semisweet chocolate, milk, eggs, cinnamon-raisin bread slices, and other ingredients (like sugar and vanilla extract) for a sweet flavor. It’s often topped with a creamy sauce or syrup before being baked until golden brown.
Is There Any Difference Between Chocolate Bread Pudding and Regular Bread Pudding?
Yes! While both types of bread pudding are similar in terms of base ingredients, the big difference is the addition of chocolate. As you can imagine, this gives the dish an entirely different flavor profile—far more indulgent than regular bread pudding. It also adds a luxurious texture to the finished product.
What Are Some Common Toppings for Chocolate Bread Pudding?
You can use so many delicious toppings on your chocolate bread pudding. Popular options include caramel sauce, whipped cream, chopped nuts (almonds or walnuts work great), fresh fruit (such as strawberries or raspberries), and even ice cream! The possibilities are endless—so go crazy with your topping choices.
More Dessert Recipes
Chocolate Bread Pudding
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips chopped
- 2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp confectioners' sugar
- 8 cinnamon-raisin breadslices toasted
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F.
- Lightly grease a squarebaking dish withcookingspray.
- Melt butter and chocolate ina saucepan over medium heat.
- Add milk and cook for about 5minutes, stirring occasionally or until thickened.
- Remove the pan of chocolatemixturefrom heat.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Cut the bread into largepieces.
- Spread the bread pieces intothe prepared baking dishevenly.
- In a bowl, whisk togethereggs, granulated sugar and vanillaextract.
- Add in warm chocolate mixtureand beat until well combined.
- Pour chocolate mixture overbread pieces evenly.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish ofbread pudding from oven and cool at least 10 minutes.
- Dust with confectioners'sugar, before serving.