Who doesn’t love a good muffin? It’s the perfect accompaniment to your morning cup of coffee or a great snack on the go especially when they’re fresh out of the oven and just begging to be devoured! Topping off that list is chocolate chip muffins are easily one of the best variations. So today, we’re here with an easy recipe for making delicious, homemade chocolate chip muffins from scratch. Yum! Get ready for some serious foodie bliss as you whip up these delectable treats in no time at all; let’s get baking!
How Do I Make Light and Fluffy Muffins?
Before you begin making the batter, make sure that all of the ingredients are at room temperature. Why? The presence of room-temperature eggs, butter, and milk aid in the formation of a smooth mixture that traps air and expands when heated in the oven. This expansion results in fluffy, light muffins.
What Ingredient Aids in The Rise of Muffins?
Baking soda, also known as sodium bicarbonate, is a widely used food additive and baking ingredient. While baking soda has many applications, it is most commonly found in recipes as a leavening agent to help baked goods rise.
How to Create Bakery-Style Chocolate Muffins?
- The key to making the perfect bakery-style muffin is to use just enough leavening agents (baking soda) to create a puffy dome while baking, but not so much that you can taste it.
- Baking at a high initial temperature causes the air bubbles in the batter to expand even more. This contributes to the muffin’s soft and fluffy texture as well as its high rise.
- Using enough fats and liquids, such as butter, eggs, and milk will result in moist and rich muffins. You’ll also need enough batter to fill the muffin tins completely.
- Finally, a general tip for making soft and tender muffins is to combine the wet and dry ingredients until JUST combined.
More Dessert Recipes
Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat youroven to 325 °F.
- Grease 9 cups of a standard-sized muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In alarge bowl, add the flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt andmix well.
- In another bowl, add the applesauce, eggs and lemon juice and beat until wellcombined.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place the mixture into prepared muffin cups evenly.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Remove the muffin tin from oven and placeonto a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Carefully invert the muffins onto a wire rackto cool completely before serving.