You can try this best-ever chocolate cake recipe! If you are a chocolate lover looking for a new indulgence. Made with rich and decadent ingredients like all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, unsweetened dark cocoa powder, baking soda, and a touch of instant espresso, this chocolate cake is sure to satisfy any chocolate craving. Topped with a silky and smooth chocolate glaze, this cake is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a special event or a casual get-together.
- How long does it take to prepare this dish?
- Can I use any other type of chocolate for the glaze?
- How healthy is chocolate sour cream pound cake?
- How many servings can I make in this recipe?
- Can I use dark chocolate instead of semi-sweet chocolate in this recipe?
- Expert tips:
- More Dessert Recipes
- Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake
How long does it take to prepare this dish?
The preparation time is 15 minutes, and the cooking time is 56 minutes, for a total time of 1 hour and 11 minutes.
Can I use any other type of chocolate for the glaze?
Yes, you can use any type of chocolate for the glaze, such as semi-sweet chocolate chips, dark chocolate, or milk chocolate.
How healthy is chocolate sour cream pound cake?
Dark chocolate is a good source of antioxidants and may provide some health benefits, such as improving heart health, reducing inflammation, and promoting brain health. However, it is high in calories and sugar, so it should be consumed in moderation.
How many servings can I make in this recipe?
This recipe makes 20 servings.
Can I use dark chocolate instead of semi-sweet chocolate in this recipe?
Yes, you can use dark chocolate instead of semi-sweet chocolate in this recipe. Dark chocolate has a stronger chocolate flavor and a slightly higher cocoa content than semi-sweet chocolate. This will make the cake richer and more chocolatey.
Make sure to use room-temperature eggs and sour cream, as they will mix into the batter more easily. Also, be sure to properly measure the ingredients, especially the flour, to ensure a consistent texture in the cake. Try to avoid over-mixing the batter, as this can lead to a tough cake.
More Dessert Recipes
Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour plus more for dusting
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup unsweeteneddark cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp instant espresso coffee
- 3 large eggs Use roomtemperature eggs and sour cream.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ⅔ cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F.
- Generously grease 2 loaf pans with cooking spray and then dust each with flour lightly.
- For cake: in a medium bowl, add flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt andwith a wire whisk, mix well.
- In a large bowl, add water and instant coffee and stir to blend.
- Add eggs,sour cream,butterand vanilla extract andwhisk until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Divide the mixture into the prepared loaf pans evenly.
- Bake for about 45-55 minutes.
- Remove the loaf pans from oven and place onto the wire racks to cool for about 2-3minutes.
- Then invert the cakes onto the racks to cool completely.
- For glaze: in a microwave-safe bowl, add heavy cream and microwave on high for 45-60seconds or until heated, stirring after every 20 seconds.
- In a bowl placethe chocolate chips and top with hotheavy cream.
- Let the mixture sit for 1-2 minutes.
- Then gently stir the mixture until well combined and smooth.
- Add in corn syrup and mix until wellcombined and smooth.
- Spread glaze over each cooled cake and serve.