Chocolate balls are a popular dessert, snack, or treat that come in various shapes, sizes, and flavors. From classic milk chocolate balls to white chocolate truffle balls with crunchy nuts, there’s something for everyone.
Whether you stick with traditional flavors or experiment with something new, these little morsels will have everyone asking for seconds (or thirds!). So get creative and start rolling up some deliciousness today! But what makes these little round treats so special? Read on to find out!
What Ingredients Are Used to Make Chocolate Balls?
The recipe for chocolate balls we are sharing here today is the simplest. It requires only a few ingredients, including graham cracker crumbs, desiccated coconut, condensed milk, butter, cocoa powder, and a pinch of salt. However, you can make chocolate balls with any chocolate, from dark and semi-sweet to milk and white. The other ingredients depend on the type of chocolate ball you choose. Some are filled with creamy ganache or caramel centers; others are rolled in coconut flakes or drizzled with more melted chocolate; others are coated in a crunchy layer of peanut brittle or popcorn. The possibilities are endless!
Can I Add Other Ingredients To My Chocolate Balls?
Yes! When making homemade chocolate balls, feel free to add whatever ingredients you like—from crushed cookies to dried fruit to cereal—to create unique flavor combinations that fit your taste buds perfectly. Keep in mind that some ingredients may require extra baking time if they’re not already cooked through before adding them to the mix.
More Dessert Recipes
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray You can coat these balls with powdered sugar too.
- 2½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1(14-ounce) can condensed milk
- ¼ cup butter softened
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- In a large bowl, place the cookie crumbs, desiccated coconutand salt and mix well.Set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, add the condensed milk, butter, and cocoa powderand microwave for about 1½-2 minutes or until well combined, stirring afterevery 30 seconds.
- Remove the bowl from microwave and stir themixture until smooth.
- Place the butter mixture into the bowl of crumb mixture andmixuntil well combined.
- Refrigeratefor about 20 minutes.
- Line a large baking sheet with baking paperand then lightly grease it with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Make small-sized balls from the mixture.
- Arrange the balls onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layerand refrigerate toset before serving.