Dessert lovers everywhere will be satisfied with the light and crispy cream puffs filled with their preferred sweet pastry cream, whipped cream.
Despite their elegant appearance, cream puffs are very easy to cook in the comfort of your kitchen. With this well-regarded cream puff recipe, you can make a delicious, stunning dessert fit for a bakery.
Why It Functions?
By making holes in the baked puffs, steam may escape, and a filling aperture is made. Puffs can be kept crisp by putting them back in an oven that has been turned off after baking.
The puffs expand uniformly in the oven and
experience little breaking or cracking when dusted with powdered sugar.
How to Keep Cream Puffs Fresh?
Keep cream puffs in the refrigerator in a zip-top bag or airtight container for up to three days.
Can Cream Puffs Be Frozen?
Yes, cream puffs can be frozen. Please put them in a zip-top freezer bag with the date labeled and then flash freeze them on a baking sheet. For up to two months, freeze. In the refrigerator, thaw overnight.
- Rather than using a soft spatula, use a solid spoon to stir the dough. Since you’ll need to massage the dough thoroughly to incorporate everything equally, I suggest using a wooden or metal spoon to mix the choux dough.
- Use top-notch dairy products – Now is the time to indulge in premium milk, cream, and butter. Distinct butter brands have different flavors, as I cover in my piece on making a butter pie crust. I’ve also observed that organic dairy producers typically produce products with more robust flavor and taste in milk and cream.
- Make sure to poke a hole in each cream puff after you remove them from the oven to let the steam escape. You will have a crisper texture as a result.
More Dessert Recipes
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup flour blend
- 4 large eggs
- ⅔ cup whipped cream
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 400 ºF.
- Line a large-sized baking sheet withparchment paper.
- In a small-sized saucepan, add butter andwater over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Boil for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan of butter mixture from heatand stir in the flour until a soft dough ball forms.
- Place the dough ball into a bowl.
- In the bowl of dough, add the eggs and withan electric mixer, mix until well blended.
- With a small cookie scooper, place the doughballs onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for approximately 22-30 minutes or untilpuffs become golden.
- Remove the baking sheet of puffs from ovenand place onto a cooling rack for about 5 minutes.
- Then remove the puffs from baking sheet andplace onto the cooling rack to cool. completely.
- Cut each cream puff in half and fill withwhipped cream.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve.