Who doesn’t love a delicious double chocolate cookie? People of all ages have enjoyed these treats for decades. Double chocolate cookies are an indulgent treat that can satisfy any sweet tooth! They will be popular with your family and friends with their intense chocolaty flavor and rich texture.
Keep in mind that you should enjoy these delicious treats in moderation due to their high sugar content—but when you do indulge, make sure you use quality ingredients to get the most out of your double chocolaty experience. Read on to get answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about double chocolate cookies. Also, we have here the most delicious recipe for these sweet treats.
What Makes a Double Chocolate Cookie Different From Other Cookies?
A double chocolate cookie is made with cocoa powder and melted dark chocolate chips, giving it an intensely rich flavor. It makes it different from other cookies, which usually contain just one type of chocolate or none. The two kinds of chocolate combine to create a deep, intense flavor you can’t find in other cookies.
What Are the Best Types of Chocolate for Double Chocolate Cookies?
When it comes to double chocolate cookies, you want quality ingredients that will deliver maximum flavor. For this reason, dark chocolate chips are recommended over milk or white chocolate chips. As for cocoa powder, Dutch-processed cocoa is preferred because it has a richer flavor and darker color than natural cocoa powder.
Are Double Chocolate Cookies Healthy?
Double chocolate cookies can fit into a healthy diet if eaten in moderation. They contain some beneficial nutrients like iron, magnesium, and antioxidants, as well as protein and healthy fats—all thanks to cocoa powder and dark chocolate chips! However, these cookies are still high in sugar, so be sure not to overindulge.
More Dessert Recipes
Double Chocolate Cookies
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup natural creamy almond butter
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp salted butter melted
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp water
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened dark chocolate chips You can store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperaturefor up to 5 days.
- Preheat your oven to 350 ºF.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchmentpaper.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients except chocolate chips and withan electric hand mixer, mix until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Make about 1½-inch balls from the dough and placeonto the prepared cookie sheet in a single layer about 2-inch apart.
- With your palm, flatten each ball slightly.
- Bake for approximately 8-11 minutes or until edges become golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and place the cookie sheetonto the wire rack to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Carefully invert the cookies onto the wireracks to cool completely before serving.