Are you trying to find a quick and tasty way to spice up your meals? Then why not give Greek pita bread a try? This ancient recipe dates back to the times of the Greeks and can be used in numerous ways.
Today, its appeal has only grown – pita bread is an incredibly versatile ingredient enjoyed worldwide for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! From sandwiches and wraps to DIY pizzas, there’s so much mouthwatering goodness packed into this single flatbread that it’s hard not to find something that you love about it! Keep reading for more information about Greek pita bread and ideas on how to use it as part of your daily meals.
From Where it Originated?
Greek pita bread originated in Greece and can be found all over the Mediterranean. However, it has become increasingly popular worldwide due to its versatility and ease of preparation. Many restaurants now offer their version of Greek pita bread as appetizers or side dishes.
What Are Some Popular Ways To Serve Greek Pita Bread?
You can use Greek pita bread in many ways. It can be served as part of a traditional Greek appetizer plate with dips like hummus or tzatziki sauce. Or you could use it as the base for a sandwich by filling it with meats like gyro or souvlaki and tomatoes, onions, lettuce, and feta cheese — yum!
You could even use it as the crust for pizza-like creations topped with vegetables and feta cheese for something different!
How Should I Eat It?
The best way to eat Greek pita bread is by filling it with your favorite ingredients! Popular fillings often include gyro meat (lamb or beef), tzatziki sauce (yogurt-based sauce), lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and feta cheese. Some people even enjoy eating it as a snack or side dish with dinner. There aren’t any rules for eating Greek pita bread – have fun experimenting with different flavors!
More Bread Recipes
Greek Pita Bread
- 2½ cup bread flour plus extra for dusting
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp dry active yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup luke warm water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a large bowl, add flour, sugar, yeast andsalt in a bowl and with a wire whisk, mix well.
- Add the yogurt,water and oil and with a wooden spoon, mix untila dough comestogether.
- Then with your hands, knead the dough well.
- Now mix the dough with an electric mixer until elastic.
- With a plastic wrap, cover the bowl of dough and place in a warmplace for about 1hour.
- Now place the dough onto a well-floured surface and with your hands, knead thedough.
- With your hands, shape the dough into a log.
- Cut the dough into a log into 6 equal-sized pieces.
- Again,dust the smooth surface with more flour.
- Shape1 dough piece into a ball and place onto the floured surface.
- Witha rolling pin, roll the dough ball into a circle.
- Grease a large non-stick frying with cooking spray lightly and heat over high heat.
- Place1 pita bread in the heated frying pan and cook for about 2 minutes per side.
- Repeatwith remaining dough pieces.
- Serve warm.
Leave a Reply