Who can resist the loaf of freshly baked aromatic sourdough bread?
This air fryer sourdough bread recipe is ideal for hot summer days when you don’t like to heat the kitchen but want fresh homemade sourdough bread.
Bread is being baked at home by an increasing number of families nowadays! This easy, homemade sourdough bread is a must-try.
So, What Exactly Is Sourdough?
Sourdough is leavened bread that rises without the aid of commercial yeast. Instead, it rises with the help of a ‘starter,’ which is a water and fermented flour mixture containing wild yeast and beneficial bacteria. This is also how sourdough gets its slightly chewy texture and acidic flavor.
Wild yeast has a more pungent taste than commercial yeast and is all-natural, as it contains no additives.
Is Sourdough Bread Healthier?
Vitamins and minerals are abundant in sourdough bread. However, the same properties that create high nutrition in sourdough bread can cause problems for specific medical issues.
Sourdough bread is very high in nutrients that are easily absorbed by the body. As sourdough bread contains lactic acid, your body absorbs more nutrients from it than it would from conventional white or wheat bread.
What Is the Best Way to Store It?
It’s preferable to eat sourdough bread within 48 hours of preparing it. However, any leftover bread can be sliced and stored using a freezer container after two days. Toasting or wrapping frozen bread in a moist paper towel and reheating in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds will “revive” it.
Is Sourdough Bread Better For You Than Regular Bread?
Compared to whole or white bread, sourdough bread is a healthier option. Although it contains similar nutrients, it is more edible and nutritious due to reduced phytate levels. Prebiotics also make your gut microbes content, which means your blood sugar levels are less likely to surge.
More Bread Recipes
Air Fryer Sourdough Bread
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- non stick cooking spray
- In the baking pan of a bread machine, place all ingredients in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Place the baking pan in bread machine and close with the lid.
- Select “Dough” cycle and press Start button.
- Once the cycle is completed, remove the paddles from bread machine but keep the dough inside for about 4 hours to proof.
- Now transfer the dough into a floured proofing basket and set aside to rise for about 3 hours.
- Grease the Grill Insert of Air Fryer with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 390 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, carefully arrange the dough onto the greased Grill Insert.
- Slide the Grill Insert into Air Fryer and set the time for 20 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the bread from Air Fryer and place onto a cooling rack for about 2-3 hours before slicing.
- Cut the bread into desired-sized slices and serve.