Are you looking for a delicious and easy-to-make dessert? Look no further than oat & almond stuffed apples! This sweet treat is perfect for your next dinner party or an indulgent snack. Not only are they packed with flavor, but they’re also good for you! Apples provide essential vitamins and minerals, while oats and almonds boost the intake of iron.
What Makes These Oat & Almond Stuffed Apples Healthier?
This simple baked apples recipe is the ideal healthy dessert. What we like about it is that it is mostly made of whole foods and is high in fiber! These apples are naturally sweetened with liquid stevia! The fiber in the oats will keep you feeling full and will leave you feeling fantastic!
How to Eat Your Baked Stuffed Apples
- To jazz up these traditional baked apples, top them with a scoop of vegan ice cream!
- When eating, cut your apples into pieces and mix them in with your oatmeal filling!
- Serve them cold! These are best served hot from the oven. However, they also taste delicious cold from the fridge!
What Variations Can I Use in This Recipe?
You can get creative by adding different spices like cinnamon or nutmeg or try a variety of toppings, including melted vegan chocolate chips or shredded coconut. So grab yourself some crisp apples and get ready to start making these tasty oat & almond stuffed apples.
If you don’t have foil, you can bake the apples in an oven-safe skillet with an oven-safe lid or in a baking dish with a sheet pan on top. Both work flawlessly.
More Dessert Recipes
Oat & Almond Stuffed Apples
- 2 small apples top removed
- 2-3 tbsp rolled oats
- 2 tbsp almonds chopped
- 3-4 drops liquid stevia
- pinch ground cinnamon
- ½-¾ cup water
- Preheat your oven to 350 ºF.
- With a small scooper, scoop out the fleshfrom inside the apple.
- In a small-sized bowl, blend together theremaining ingredients except for the water.
- Stuff the apples with the oat mixture evenly.
- Arrange the apples into a small baking dish.
- Add water into the baking dish around theapples.
- Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes.
- Serve warm.