If you’re looking for a tasty and enjoyable treat for yourself or another person, why not try making some delicious orange cupcakes? Using only a few basic ingredients and straightforward tips, you can have moist and flavorful treats ready in no time! Whether you choose to use fresh oranges or store-bought juice/zest, with these FAQs under your belt, we hope you feel confident enough to tackle this recipe. So let’s get started!
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make Orange Cupcakes?
Orange cupcakes require a few essential ingredients. You will need all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, olive oil, ground cinnamon, and some orange flavoring such as orange zest or juice. Some recipes also call for other flavorings, such as almond extract. In addition, add food coloring if you want the cupcakes to be an incredibly vibrant color.
Can I Use Fresh Oranges In My Cupcake Batter?
Yes! You should use fresh oranges in your batter for a more natural flavor. However, any oranges must be ripe and free from bruises or blemishes. If using fresh oranges, it is best to zest them before adding them to the batter so that their flavor is adequately infused into the cake itself.
Are There Any Special Techniques For Making Orange Cupcakes?
Yes! When making orange cupcakes, it is vital to take extra care when measuring your ingredients. It will help ensure that the batter is not too runny or too thick, which could affect the taste and texture of your finished product. Additionally, when adding in your orange flavoring, such as zest or juice, it’s best to add it at the end so that its flavor doesn’t become overly cooked during baking. Finally, while it isn’t necessary, many bakers like to top their cupcakes with a simple glaze made of powdered sugar and orange juice for an extra burst of citrusy sweetness.
More Dessert Recipes
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp orange zest grated
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange extract
- ⅓ cup fresh orange juice
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp heavy cream Fill cupcake pans appropriately.
- Preheat your oven to 350 ºF.
- Line 18 cups of 2 muffin tins with paperliners.
- For cupcakes: in a large bowl, combine flour, bakingpowder, cinnamon,orange zest and salt.
- Add eggs, oil, sugar,vanilla, orange extract and orange juice and with an electric mixer on mediumspeed until well blended.
- Place the mixture into the papered muffincups.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the muffin tin from oven and placeonto a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Carefully invert the cupcakes onto a wirerack to cool completely before frosting.
- Meanwhile, for frosting: in a bowl, addbutter, orangejuice, sugar, heavy cream and salt and mix with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Spread frosting over each cupcake evenly andserve.