Raspberry Shortbread Bars with a delicious crumble on top that melts in your mouth! These flawless shortbread cookies are textured to perfection and have a sweet preserves layer running through the center.
Try baking up some of these Raspberry Bars if you’re looking for your following tried-and-true dessert recipe! This simple bar recipe spreads delicious raspberry jam over a base of shortbread cookies. Without much additional work, the straightforward spread gives the delicate shortbread bars a light and sweet flavor.
Why should you try this recipe?
The ideal dessert for any occasion is this lovely shortbread recipe. It only requires a few straightforward ingredients, many of which you probably already have, and it bakes up quickly. But even so, these fruity dessert bars are among the best sweets ever! You can bake the delicious raspberry bars for your family to enjoy after dinner or bring them to your next cookie exchange event or baby shower.
What kind of raspberry jam is recommended?
All you need is a jar of raspberry jam to make the fresh raspberry filling. You can make your own or purchase your favorite at the grocery store. If making jam from scratch appeals to you, you can use the recipe for raspberry Jam.
How are raspberry shortbread bars served and kept?
- Serve: Raspberry Shortbread Bars will keep for up to 4 days at room temperature. Cover the dish with foil or plastic wrap to prevent the sweet treat from going rancid.
- Store: You can keep the bars in the fridge for up to a week if you want to keep them longer.
Freeze: The chilled bars can also be placed in a freezer bag or another airtight container for three months. Use parchment paper to divide the layers so that the squares don’t freeze together. Before reheating or serving them chilled, allow them to thaw in the refrigerator.
More Dessert Recipes
Raspberry Shortbread Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 8 ounces unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- ¾ cups seedless raspberry jam
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, bakingpowder and salt and with a wire whisk, mix well.
- In another medium bowl, add the butter andsugar and with an electric mixer, beaton low speed until creamy.
- Add in the egg yolks and vanilla extract andbeat until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture and beat on low speeduntil a soft dough forms.
- Divide the dough into2 equal-sized portionsand shape each into a log.
- With plastic wrap, cover each dough log andrefrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Arrange a rack the bottom portion of oven
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350 °F.
- Grease an 8 ½-x11-inch glass baking dish withcookingspray.
- Shred1dough log on the large holes of a boxgrater into the prepared baking dish and spread evenly.
- Place the jam over the dough and with aspoon, gently spread in an even layer.
- Grate the second log of dough on top of jamevenly.
- With a rubber spatula, spread the dough overjam evenly.
- Bake for about 35 minutes.
- After 18 minutes of cooking, cover the bakingdish with a piece of foil.
- Remove the baking dish from oven and placeonto a wire rack to cool completely before cutting.
- Cut into 24 bars and serve.