Let’s try summer’s sweet and juicy flavors with our Skillet Nectarine Crisp recipe. This recipe is a unique twist on the traditional crisp that will leave your taste buds craving more. The warm, tender nectarines are cooked to perfection in a cast iron skillet, creating a deep, rich flavor that is hard to resist.
The topping, made with a combination of oats, brown sugar, and butter, adds a delicious crunch to the dish, making every bite a mouth-watering experience. This recipe is perfect for a summer evening or a cozy fall night and is s
Can I make this skillet nectarine crisp recipe vegan?
Yes, you can make this recipe vegan by using vegan butter or coconut oil in the topping and a vegan sweetener such as maple syrup or agave nectar instead of brown sugar. This will make the crisp topping slightly different in texture, but it will still be delicious.
Can I make this skillet nectarine crisp recipe low-carb?
Yes, you can make this recipe low-carb by using a low-carb sweetener such as erythritol or stevia and using almond flour or coconut flour instead of oats in the topping. This will make the crisp topping slightly different in texture, but it will still be delicious and can be a great option for people on a low-carb diet.
Is this recipe nutritious?
Yes, Nectarines are a good source of vitamin C and potassium, which support a healthy immune system and maintain healthy blood pressure levels. They also contain antioxidants such as beta-carotene and flavonoids, which reduce the risk of certain types of cancer. Oats, used in the topping, are a good source of fiber and protein, which can help regulate blood sugar levels.
More Dessert Recipes
Skillet Nectarine Crisp
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 7 medium nectarines cut into ¼ inch slices
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup beown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup caramel sauce
- ½ tsp ground spice
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp grouns allspice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 cup gingersnap cookies crumbled
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F.
- Generously grease a 12-inch cast-iron skillet with cooking spray.
- For the filling: in a large-sized bowl, add the nectarines,sugars and salt and gently stir to combine. Set aside.
- For the topping: in a small-sized bowl, mix together the flour,sugar, allspice and salt.
- With a pastry blender, cut in butter until it is the size of peas.
- Stir in the gingersnaps and set aside.
- Drain the liquid from the nectarines, leaving 2 tablespoonsinside.
- Add the caramel sauce and allspice and gently stir to combine.
- Place the filling mixture into the prepared skillet andsprinkle with the topping mixture.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until top becomes brown.
- Serve warm.