Spiced chicken leg quarters are a flavorful and budget-friendly meal that are perfect for feeding a hungry crowd. This dish is made with juicy chicken leg quarters that are marinated in a blend of aromatic spices and herbs, then baked until crispy and tender. Not only is it a delicious and satisfying meal, but it’s also easy to prepare, making it a go-to recipe for busy weeknights or weekend gatherings.
Let us check out how to make spiced chicken leg quarters and also find out how to grill them. So, whether you’re cooking for family or friends, read on to discover all about spiced chicken leg quarters.
What are Spiced Chicken Leg Quarters?
Spiced chicken leg quarters are chicken legs that have been seasoned with a blend of spices and then baked or grilled until they are tender and juicy. The spices used in the seasoning blend can vary depending on personal preference, but may include paprika, cumin, garlic, onion, and chili powder.
Is Eating Spiced Chicken Leg Quarters Good for You?
Spiced chicken leg quarters are a good source of protein, which is essential for building and repairing muscles. Chicken is also a good source of B vitamins and minerals like selenium and phosphorus. Additionally, the spices used in the seasoning blend can provide additional health benefits, such as anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
How Can I Change the Flavor of The Seasoning Blend?
You can change the flavor of the seasoning blend by adjusting the amounts of each spice used or by adding additional spices or herbs. For example, you could add oregano or thyme for an Italian-inspired flavor or smoked paprika for a smoky flavor.
How Can I Make Spiced Chicken Leg Quarters on The Grill?
You can make spiced chicken leg quarters on the grill in the following way:
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat and brush the chicken with olive oil.
- Place the chicken on the grill.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
More Poultry Recipes
Spiced Chicken Leg Quarters
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3(10-ounces) bone-in,skin-on chicken leg quarters
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- as required salt and ground white pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F.
- Generously, grease a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add the mayonnaise in a shallow bowl.
- Place the paprika, garlic powder, salt andwhite pepper in a small bowl and mix well.
- Coat each chicken quarter with mayonnaise andthen, sprinkle evenly with the spice mixture.
- Arrange the chicken quarters onto the preparedbaking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.
- Now, increase the temperature of oven to 400°F and bake for about 5-8 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and place the chickenquarters onto a platter.
- With a piece of foil, cover each chickenquarter loosely for about 5 minutes before serving.