Are you ready to spice up your next dinner? Then try this delicious and flavorful whole chicken recipe! Using pantry staples like cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic and onion powder, andoregano, you’ll have an amazing dish called spicy whole chicken that the whole family will enjoy.
It is where a whole chicken is marinated in a blend of spices and herbs, then roasted or baked until golden brown.Serve it alongside some fresh vegetables or mashed potatoes for a comforting meal that’s sure to please everyone at the table. Read on to learn how easy this Spicy Whole Chicken is to make!
What Spices Are Typically Used in Spicy Whole Chicken?
The spices used can vary depending on the recipe, but common ones include paprika, cumin, garlic, onion, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
Is Spicy Whole Chicken Healthy?
Spicy Whole Chicken can be a healthy meal option, as chicken is a lean protein source and the spices used in the marinade can have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
How Long Does It Take to Prepare Spicy Whole Chicken?
The preparation time can vary, but typically it takes around 30 minutes to prepare the marinade and 1-2 hours to marinate the chicken before cooking.
What Should I Serve Spicy Whole Chicken along with?
You can serve Spicy Whole Chicken with a variety of side dishes such as roasted vegetables, rice, or salad. It can also be used as a filling for tacos or sandwiches.
Things to Consider While Making Spicy Whole Chicken
- Marinate the chicken for at least 1-2 hours before cooking to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat fully
- For a crispier skin, pat the chicken dry with paper towels before cooking and roast it at a higher temperature (400°F or higher).
- To make the chicken spicier, increase the amount of cayenne pepper or add a diced jalapeno pepper to the marinade.
- If you’re short on time, you can use boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs instead of a whole chicken.
More Poultry Recipes
Spicy Whole Chicken
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic mionced
- 2 tsp fresh lemon zest grated
- 2 tsp dried oregano crushed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground fennel seeds
- to taste salt and ground black pepper
- 1 (3-pound) frying chicken neck and giblets removed
- In alarge bowl, add all the ingredients (except the chicken) and mix well.
- Add the chicken and coat with the mixture generously.
- Refrigerate to marinate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF.
- Remove the chicken from the bowl and arrange in a roasting pan.
- Coat the chicken with marinade.
- With a kitchen string, tie the legs and tuck the wings back under the body.
- Roast for about 10 minutes.
- Now,reduce the temperature of the oven to 350ºF and roast for about 1½ hours.
- Remove roasting pan from the oven and place the chicken onto a cutting board for about10 minutes before carving.
- With a sharp knife, cut the chicken into desired-sized pieces and serve.