Do you love chicken, but want to spice it up a bit? Let us introduce you to the mouth-watering wonder that is stuffed chicken marsala! This dish might take a little longer than your usual Tuesday night meal, but trust us – it’s worth the wait.
A classic Italian staple, this hearty and flavourful main will have your guests oohing and ahhing with each bite. From the creamy mushroom sauce to the cheesy stuffing that oozes out just when you cut into it, this indulgent experience appeals to all of your senses! Now all there’s left for you to do is get cooking…
- What is Stuffed Chicken Marsala?
- What Kind of Cheese and Herbs Should I Use for Stuffing the Chicken?
- Can I Use A Different Wine Instead of Marsala in This Recipe?
- Can I Make This Stuffed Chicken Marsala Ahead of Time?
- What Can I Serve with Stuffed Chicken Marsala?
- More Poultry Recipes
- Stuffed Chicken Marsala
What is Stuffed Chicken Marsala?
Being a classic Italian dish, stuffed Chicken Marsala are chicken breasts filled with a mixture of cheese and herbs. Later, they are sautéed and served with a Marsala wine sauce.
What Kind of Cheese and Herbs Should I Use for Stuffing the Chicken?
Cheese: Usually, a combination of grated Parmesan, shredded mozzarella, and Gouda cheese is used for stuffing the chicken breasts. However, you can also add Ricotta cheese to the stuffing mixture.
Herbs: You can use a variety of herbs for the stuffing mixture, such as basil, thyme, parsley, or rosemary. You can also add garlic or shallots to the mixture for extra flavor.
Can I Use A Different Wine Instead of Marsala in This Recipe?
Marsala wine is an essential ingredient in this dish, and it gives a unique flavor to the sauce. However, if you don’t have Marsala wine, you can use a dry sherry or red wine instead.
Can I Make This Stuffed Chicken Marsala Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can stuff the chicken breasts and prepare the Marsala sauce beforehand. Store them separately in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
What Can I Serve with Stuffed Chicken Marsala?
Stuffed Chicken Marsala is often served with a side of pasta, mashed potatoes, or a green salad. It also pairs well with steamed vegetables or roasted potatoes.
More Poultry Recipes
Stuffed Chicken Marsala
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- 4 ounces Gouda cheese shredded
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 5-6 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes rinsed,patted dry and chopped
- 3 scallions chopped finely
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- pinch red pepper flakes crushed
- as required salt and black ground black pepper
- 6 boneless,skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lb fresh white button mushrooms sliced
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup white grape juice
- ¼ cup marsala wine
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F.
- Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish withcooking spray.
- For stuffing: in n a medium bowl,add all the ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Season the chicken breast with salt and blackpepper lightly.
- Place1 chicken breasts onto a smooth surface.
- Hold a sharp knife parallel to work surface, slice the chicken breast horizontally,without cutting all the way through.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts.
- Place the stuffing mixture onto oneside of each chicken breast evenly.
- With your hands, compress the stuffinglightly so it stays together.
- Fold the other side of the chicken overtightly.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat the oiland butter over medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken breasts in 2 batches,top-side down and cook for about 1 minute per side.
- Transfer the chickenbreasts into the prepared baking dish, reserving the oil and butter inside theskillet.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes until cookedthrough.
- Meanwhile, heat the same skillet withreserved oil and butter over medium-high heat and cook the mushroom with alittle salt and black pepper for about 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the broth, grape juice and wine andscrape up the browned bits from the bottom.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook forabout 20 minutes.
- Stirin the salt and black pepper andremove from the heat.
- Divide the chicken breasts onto servingplates and top with mushroom sauce.
- Serve immediately.