Let’s do duck this holiday! Oh, I mean, let us make this holiday unique by cooking duck, a perfect alternative to chicken and turkey.
Believe me; once you try the air fryer duck, you will ditch all the traditional recipes you make on holidays.
Is it Possible to Air Fry Duck?
Oh, why not! You’re ready to attempt the best air fryer roast meat experience as long as your air fryer is big enough to contain the duck.
If it isn’t, I propose starting with air fryer duck breasts instead of a whole duck (until you obtain a bigger air fryer).
What Does the Duck Taste Like?
Well, you should try and decide it yourself. But if you ask me, I would say it does not have the exact gamey taste as traditional turkey. Still, it is a suitable alternative to chicken when it comes to flavor.
Your air-fried duck will have a distinct taste, a texture similar to red meat, and a robust full flavor.
What Sauces Go Best with Air Fryer Duck?
You can use a plum sauce, an orange sauce, or even our favorite wing sauce. These sauces are good enough to complement the flavor of the duck.
What Can You Serve with Air Fryer Duck?
Air Fryer Pizza Bagels, Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers, or Air Fryer Veggie Tots are a few delectable and easy-to-make side dish ideas for your Air Fryer Duck.
Some Quick Cooking Suggestions:
- Before air frying the duck breast, make sure it’s totally dry. If you want the duck skin to be crispy, this is crucial.
- If you want a well-cooked duck, wait until it reaches a temperature of at least 165 degrees on the inside.
- If you don’t overcook the meat, it will remain moist and tender.
- There’s no need to oil the air fryer basket. The fat in the duck breast will render during the cooking process.
More Poultry Recipes
Air Fryer Duck
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 (3-pound) whole duck neck and giblets removed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray If you are using a frozen duck, then defrost it in the refrigerator for 24-48 hours before seasoning.
- In a small bowl, blend together the fresh herbs, garlic, salt and black pepper.
- With paper towels, pat dry the duck completely.
- Lightly brush the duck with oil evenly and then rub with herb mixture.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 300 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the duck into the greased Air Fryer Basket ,breast side-up.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 45-55minutes.
- While cooking,
- After cooking time is finished, remove the duck from Air Fryer and place onto a cutting board for about 10 minutes before carving.
- Cut the duck into desired-sized pieces and serve.