Nothing beats a tender, juicy chicken thigh recipe – and this one has it all! Sweet, tangy flavors mingle together to create an irresistible entree that your family will love. It only takes about 15 minutes of prep time to get these deliciously marinated chicken thighs into the oven for an easy dinner option.
Whether you’re entertaining guests or just need something quick and delicious for weeknight dinners, this dish is sure to become a favorite. Keep reading to get all the details on how you can make these sweet & tangy chicken thighs!
How Long Should I Marinate the Chicken Thighs for This Recipe?
It’s recommended to marinate the chicken for at least 2-3 hours or overnight to allow the flavors to fully penetrate the meat.
What Should I Serve with Sweet and Tangy Chicken Thighs?
Roasted vegetables, rice pilaf, and coleslaw are great options to serve alongside sweet and tangy chicken thighs.
Can I Grill Sweet and Tangy Chicken Thighs?
Yes, you can grill the chicken thighs over medium-high heat for 6-7 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C).
Things to Consider While Making Sweet and Tangy Chicken Thighs
- To ensure that the chicken thighs are evenly coated in the marinade, mix the ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag before adding the chicken.
- Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before slicing it to retain its juiciness and prevent it from drying out.
- For a more caramelized and flavorful crust, finish the chicken thighs on the grill or under the broiler for a few minutes after cooking.
- For a more intense flavor, marinate the chicken for at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
- To save time, you can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of bone-in chicken thighs.
- Be sure to store leftover marinade separately from the cooked chicken to avoid contamination.
More Poultry Recipes
Sweet & Tangy Chicken Thighs
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 3 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- 8 (6-ounce) skinless chicken thighs
- In a bowl, add all ingredients except chicken thighs and sesame seeds and beat untilwell combined.
- In a large plastic zipper bag, add half of marinade and chicken thighs.
- Seal the bag and shake to coat well.
- Place the bag in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, turning bag twice.
- Reserve the remaining marinade in the refrigerator until using.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small pan, add reserved marinade over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan of sauce from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and discard the excess marinade.
- Arrange chicken thighs into a 9x13-inch baking dish in a single layer and coat withsome of the cooked marinade.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, coating with the cooked marinade slightly after every 10minutes.
- Serve hot.