Is there anything better than the aromas of a freshly baked, homemade vanilla cake wafting through your kitchen? It’s like an automatic sign to gather family and friends around for some enjoyment. At first glance this classic dessert might seem intimidating when considering baking from scratch, but if you have the right ingredients on hand, it doesn’t pose as much of a challenge as one would assume!
Whether you’re looking for a delicious weekend treat or want to impress dinner guests with a timeless classic, keep reading for everything you need to know about baking the perfect vanilla cake.
How to Line the Cake Pans with Parchment Paper?
Lining the Cake Pans with Parchment Paper: Because the cake slides right out of the pan, parchment paper rounds ensure a smooth removal.
- Place a large sheet of parchment paper on top of your cake pans.
- With a pencil, trace the bottom of the cake pan.
- Make rounds out of parchment paper.
- Grease the pan and line it with parchment paper.
Things to Consider While Baking Vanilla Cake
Use Ingredients That Are at Room Temperature:
The batter mixes evenly when all the cake ingredients are roughly the same temperature. This also lowers the chances of over-mixing and over-baking. 1 hour before you start, lay out your ingredients.
Do Not Assemble Warm Cake:
If you attempt to save time by assembling a layer cake with semi-warm cake layers, the frosting will melt completely, causing the entire cake to collapse. Check that each layer is cool—refrigerate or freeze the layers if necessary!
Refrigerate the Cake Before Serving:
Cool the decorated cake. Place the cake in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour after frosting. This is optional but helps hold the frosting and cake layers together. Because the crumbs are cool and tight, you’ll get perfectly clean slices.
More Dessert Recipes
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 cups all-purpose flour plus more for dusting
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups unsalted butter softened
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F.
- Grease 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.
- Line the bottom of each pan with parchment paper and then dust with a little flour.
- In a bowl, add flour, baking powder and salt and with a wire whisk, mix well.
- In a second small bowl, blend together the heavy cream and water.
- In a third large bowl, addthe butter and sugar and with a hand-held electric mixer,beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs one at a time and mix on medium speed until just blended.
- Add the vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture in 3 portions, alternating with cream mixture until just smooth.
- Place the mixture into the prepared pans evenly.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes.
- Remove the cake pan from oven and place onto the wire racks to cool for about 10minutes.
- Now, invert the cake onto the wire rack tocool completely before slicing.
- Cut the cake into desired-sized slices andserve.
Leave a Reply