In the air fryer, learn how to cook delicious black bean burgers! These air-fryer burgers are simple to prepare and freeze.
They are hearty and delicious air-fried veggie burgers that will make meatless dinners more appetizing. With the help of the air fryer, this meal is ready in MINUTES!
There are variations for vegetarians and vegans. And there are so many alternatives for making black bean burgers ahead of time that you can always eat them.
Why Make Air Fryer Black Bean Burgers?
- Crispy surface with creamy black bean texture inside
- Mouthwatering taste and healthy version due to the addition of potatoes, spinach, mushrooms, and Chile lime seasoning
- Multiple make-ahead options, including freezing
- There is less mess as made in the air fryer, and the burgers are healthier.
How To Store Uncooked Air Fryer Black Bean Burger?
Stack patties in a container with parchment paper between them. Refrigerate patties for up to four days or freeze for one month.
To cook patties from the fridge, follow the recipe’s directions. If using frozen patties, either defrost them in the refrigerator or cook for extra few minutes if using them straight from the freezer.
How To Store Cooked Air Fryer Black Bean Burger?
Refrigerate patties for no more than 6 days or keep them in the freezer for up to a month (sealed).
Reheat patties in an air fryer or microwave for several minutes until they reach 165°F on a kitchen thermometer (reheat for extra few minutes if frozen).
What to Serve With These Air Fryer Black Bean Burgers?
Feel free to pile on your favorite toppings and sauces on these burgers! Here are a handful of our favorites:
- Sliced cheese, such as cheddar, Swiss, or provolone
- Fresh vegetables, such as sliced onion, lettuce, pickles, and tomato
- Sauces, such as barbecue sauce, ketchup, and ranch dressing
More Vegetable Recipes
Air Fryer Black Beans Burgers
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 2 cups boiled potatoes peeled and mashed
- 1 cup fresh spinach chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms chopped
- 2 tsp Chile lime seasoning
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 burger buns
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 larhe tomato slices
- 1 onion slices intp rings
- In a large-sized bowl, add the beans, potatoes, spinach, mushrooms, and seasoning and with your hands, mix until well blended.
- Make 4 equal-sized patties from the mixture.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 370 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the patties into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 19 minutes.
- After 12 minutes of cooking, flip the patties.
- After 19 minutes of cooking, Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 90 degrees F for 3 more minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the patties from Air Fryer and place onto a plate.
- Spread ketchup on the bottom half of each bun.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf on the bottom of each bun.
- Top each with 1 patty, followed by tomato and onion.
- Cover each with top buns and serve.