Just imagining a delicious dessert like a scone enriched with blueberry flavors and taste will stimulate your salivary glands to release saliva.
However, you might not want to make it in your kitchen as it is not everyone’s piece of cake to make it perfect. But this air fryer blueberry scone recipe will help you make it with perfection.
And the most exciting thing is that after all preparations, it will take only 5 to 6 minutes to get them cooked.
Is it Worthy to Use an Air Fryer for Making Scones Instead of the Traditional Oven Method?
Scones that come out of an oven are usually dried baked goods. However, the air fryer is here to change that tradition as by using it, you can make moist, soft, and delicious scones. Moreover, you can try them with various flavors such as blueberry, strawberry, etc.
Do All the Scones are Sweet?
It is not a mandatory characteristic of scones as you can make them in any taste depending upon the choice of ingredients. The primary flavors come from the ingredients you use to make the dough. So, you can also make savory scones by adding salt instead of sugar, and some light spices can also be introduced to this versatile recipe.
How to Make Dough for Air Fryer Blueberry Scones?
Take the essential ingredients required to make the dough, such as butter, flour, baking powder, milk, water, eggs, etc., in a bowl and mix them well. Then add vanilla flavors and blueberries and gently knead it on a floured surface to make the dough perfect.
- You can serve your air fryer blueberry scones as it is in place of some dessert or some delicious breakfast.
- Serving them with whipped cream or lemon curd is a good option.
More Dessert Recipes
Air Fryer Blueberry Scones
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp white sugar divided
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup fresh blue berries
- non stick spray
- 2 tsp orange zest grated
- In a bowl, blend together the flour, 2 tablespoons of sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- With a pastry blender, cut in the butter until coarse crumb-like mixture forms.
- In another bowl, add egg and beat well.
- Transfer 2 tablespoons of beaten egg into another small bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of the remaining egg, add buttermilk and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Place the dough into a lightly floured surface.
- With your hands, gently knead until a non-sticky dough forms.
- Then with your hands, pat down the dough into a 6-inch circle.
- Cut the dough circle into 8 equal-sized wedges.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 360 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the dough wedges into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 6 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the scones from Air Fryer and serve warm.