Buttered Parsnips cooked in the air fryer, either plain or with a honey glaze, are a tasty and easy side dish.
These parsnips are hale and hearty air fryer recipes with all the flavor of classic roasted parsnips but cook in half the time and use almost no oil.
Is It Healthier to Eat Parsnips?
Parsnips contain vitamin C; also, they are high in potassium, a mineral that aids in heart function, blood pressure regulation, and the prevention of kidney stones. Parsnip’s one serving offers around 10% of your daily potassium requirement. Thus, air fryer buttered parsnips are a healthier side dish to eat.
Why Use an Air Fryer to Cook Parsnips?
Cooking parsnips in the oven requires a lot of oil and can take up to half an hour to cook. I’ve only cooked parsnips in an air fryer since I discovered how quick and easy it is to do so. The air fryer requires a hint of oil spray and cooks quickly.
Roasting parsnips in the air fryer is appetizing since you can roast them plain or glaze them with honey if you want something fancier for a holiday dinner. So, in less than half an hour, you can easily and quickly prepare a delicious yet healthier side dish using your air fryer.
What to Serve with the Air Fryer Buttered Parsnips?
As a side dish to a Holiday feast, I prefer serving air fryer buttered parsnips. They go great with air fryer roasted pork, ham, beef, or lamb as the main course.
Is It Possible to Store the Air Fryer Buttered Parsnips?
Any leftover parsnips should be stored in an airtight jar in the refrigerator and used within three days. They can be reheated in the air fryer at 360°F/180°C temperature for 2-3 minutes or eaten cold as a snack.
More Side dish Recipes
Air Fryer Buttered Parsnips
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1½ lb parsnip peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 390 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the parsnips, butter, salt and black pepper.
- After preheating, arrange the parsnips chunks into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 15 minutes.
- While cooking, shake the basket once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the parsnips chunks from Air Fryer and serve.